Reload this Page >

what happens after filing an AOS whilst on VWP

Wikiposts

what happens after filing an AOS whilst on VWP

Old Apr 30th 2010, 6:05 am
Just Joined

therightway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what happens after filing an AOS whilst on VWP

If I were to get married and file AOS forms whilst on the vwp (in status), what is the usual procedure from there. I keep reading about a 3 year waiting period until I get a green card. Does this mean that its about 3 years until your visa interview and until you can work legally? That would mean living a life of limbo, until you are finally approved. Or does it happen straight away. If it happens straight away, then this gives you less time to show a life lived together i.e bank accounts, bills, holidays together, family parties etc. Apologies its all very confusing.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:03 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what happens after filing an AOS whilst on VWP

Originally Posted by therightway
If I were to get married and file AOS forms whilst on the vwp (in status), what is the usual procedure from there. I keep reading about a 3 year waiting period until I get a green card. Does this mean that its about 3 years until your visa interview and until you can work legally? That would mean living a life of limbo, until you are finally approved. Or does it happen straight away. If it happens straight away, then this gives you less time to show a life lived together i.e bank accounts, bills, holidays together, family parties etc. Apologies its all very confusing.
Nobody has a crystal ball and can predict your case -- not even with all the facts, which are currently missing. If you want a guesstimate and everything with your AOS case is hunky-dory, I'll say you'll be authorised to work within 90 days, and a green card holder within 6 months or so.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If I were to get married and file AOS forms whilst on the vwp (in status), what is the usual procedure from there.
This is an excellent question for the immigration attorney you're going to have a consultation with before getting married and trying to AOS from VWP.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I keep reading about a 3 year waiting period until I get a green card.
Can you post the links to where you are reading this (evidently it's posted in several places)?

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you should stick to your other thread and follow the suggested paths? K1/CR1?

Otherwise like mentioned before If you get a ban from the USA is he willing to leave everything and settle in the UK?
Old Apr 30th 2010, 8:01 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Many thousands of people do what he is suggesting and they have been successful. His intent at the POE and the advice of an immigration attorney is definitely in order for this couple.

He is also searching the web for info and appears to be pulling up information that is years out of date.

Once again to the OP, call for a consultation with an immigration attorney.