Wikiposts

What is Form I-824 ?

Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

gyo531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is Form I-824 ?

Anybody knows about this?
SOmebody told me it's an application for action on an approved application or petion. It's supposed to help speed things up for the approved cases .
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:39 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is Form I-824 ?

gyo,

Look for it in the Immigration Forms Online section of the BCIS web site.

I don't think it accomplishes what you're hoping for.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by gyo531
SOmebody told me it's an application for action on an approved application or petion. It's supposed to help speed things up for the approved cases .
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is Form I-824 ?

Originally posted by gyo531
I-824
This form is used to request further action on a previously approved petition or application. For instance, this form is used by a person who is granted permanent residence within the U.S. to notify the U.S. Consulate abroad of the approval to enable the permanent resident's dependents to also immigrate to the U.S.

You can prepare and submit the I-824 application if the I-824 applicant is presently in the U.S. in status or outside of the U.S.

If you filed an application or petition that has been approved, while the application or petition is still valid, the I-824 is used to:
Request a duplicate approval notice
Request that another consulate be notified of the approval of the petition; or
Request that a U.S. Consulate be notified that your status has been adjusted to permanent resident, so your spouse and children can apply for immigrant visas.

How Long Is The Approval Valid?
If requesting a duplicate approval notice, the approval notice is valid for the originally approved time. If requesting consular notification, the I-824 approval notice is valid indefinitely.