Wikiposts

What else can I do ?

Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:05 am
Mare

Default What else can I do ?

Hello,
I am an American. I married an Egyptian man in Egypt in April of this year.
I came back to US filed the I-130 ($190), got recipt back for it. Then
someone told me to file the fiance one too ($170) i did got recipt back.
Today I got I-797 for the I-130 said it has been approved handing it over to
NVC in New Hampshire,priority date May 11,2006. My questions are how much
longer till he can come to US, I know he has to do the interview and all ,
do I have to do an interview? And is there anything I can do to speed this
up, like writing to my congressman. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks M

Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What else can I do ?

Originally Posted by Mare
Hello,
I am an American. I married an Egyptian man in Egypt in April of this year.
I came back to US filed the I-130 ($190), got recipt back for it. Then
someone told me to file the fiance one too ($170) i did got recipt back.
Today I got I-797 for the I-130 said it has been approved handing it over to
NVC in New Hampshire,priority date May 11,2006. My questions are how much
longer till he can come to US, I know he has to do the interview and all ,
do I have to do an interview? And is there anything I can do to speed this
up, like writing to my congressman. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks M
Hi M,

There's no way of really knowing for sure how much more time it will take, but rest assured it's going through the proper channels right now, nothing unusual. You should have gotten an NOA for the I-129F you filed (which was for a K-3 visa, by the way...in case the I-130 takes too long to process). But, regardless, the I-130 is being processed now, so you're still on the right track. You'll receive some paperwork from the NVC (agent of choice, and a request for the affidavit of support I-864). Once you return these to NVC, they will send the case to Cairo and your husband will complete his visa application forms and be called for an interview. You don't have to be at that interview.

At this point, you're not behind in the process, so there's nothing to speed up. It will process at it's own pace.

The only thing is you might want to follow up what happened to the I-129F you filed, and see if perhaps that one is also processing. It could be that it's also being processed and you just didn't get the NOA for it. Regardless, whichever one gets to Egypt first, is the one he can complete application forms for, and interview for. The K-3 will get him to the USA sooner, but the I-130 results in a green card at the POE, which is far better than coming in on a K-3.

Be aware that even after the interview in Cairo, he may undergo further security checks or administrative processing. That's very common for Cairo.

Best Wishes,
Rene