Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

what does it mean I-130 approved?

Wikiposts

what does it mean I-130 approved?

Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

samal1485 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what does it mean I-130 approved?

Hello,
I submitted I-130 for my parents (I am USA citizen), and got a letter saying your petition was approved, and my docs were sent to National Visa Center.
What does it mean and what should I do next?

I requested the interview to be in Russia.
Thanks,

Samal
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what does it mean I-130 approved?

Do you have an immigration attorney that you are working with or are you doing this yourself?

Once the I-130 is approved, it is forwarded to the national visa center for the next step. That would be that you will be contacted by them and will have to submit your I-864 affidavit of support for your parents along with the filing fee. If your affidavit of support is approved by teh NVC then the rest of the processing will continue at the US Consulate in Russia. Your parents can d/l the documentation checklist and start getting their documents in order for submission when they hear from the US Consulate. They will need police certificates, medicals, birth certificates, marriage certificate showing they were married at the time of your birth, etc. Once the checklist is returned to the US Consulate they will be scheduled to attend a face to face interview. If approved they will be given an immediate relative visa in their passport(s) and will be able to come to the US to live and reside. You still have a ways to go and it will be 8 months or so more before everything is finalized.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Rete,
Thanks a lot for your explanation.
Do you know if I have to request my tax transcirpt to be mailed directly NVC?
Samal
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samal1485
Rete,
Thanks a lot for your explanation.
Samal
I still don't know why this list isn't in order of the way things happen, but it is close: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3190.html
Instructions for Immigratn Visa Applicants.

The first thing will be for you all to select an 'agent'. Usually this would be the petitioner in the US or the attorney in the US.

You will complete the Affidavit of Support later and include your tax transcripts.

Your parents may interview in Russia IF that is where they live. Otherwise, the case will default to the Consulate where they reside.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I submitted I-130 for my parents (I am USA citizen), and got a letter saying your petition was approved, and my docs were sent to National Visa Center.
What does it mean and what should I do next?

I requested the interview to be in Russia.
Thanks,

Samal
Your parents are "immediate relatives" which is the same status as that given to spouses of US citizens with the exception that no "condition" is involved. There is a wiki for the marriage based forum with a sub-category of CR-1.

No advice intended nor given. Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to everybody for help!
Samal
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No. The transcripts can be mailed to you... and then you can send them to the NVC at the same time as your other documents.

Ian