Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but things went bad ?

Wikiposts

what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but things went bad ?

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 12:03 am
Just Joined

evilzippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but things went bad ?

Hiya hope some one can help
got married in US on holiday visa while what left of days in US applied for INS Medical was aproved ect had everything sent off returned with filing fee change then by time sent again my Visa Expired by this time my wife turned from miss's sweet heart to playing marralin manson and talking about cutting herself and mood swings and i mean Striking for me emotionally and physically she has attacked me being in another country and a visa being expired I had no legs to stand on a good friend Jr and his family knew the family and the wife from hell before I did , he himself started receiving threats while he took care of me in which i had no choice i was being treated like a possesion by my wife and her mother which led to moving down the street it was crazy the familys friends became mine and did not realise they had me under there roof going through a living nightmare to make things worse my wife's sister was slapped in jail she stole her own parents belongings including my own to boot , and bought drugs she was beaten up by a 300lb guy and still boasted about her injuries as you can see I moved in with family from hell being from the UK hoping for a great future in the US was destroyed .....Right now im back in UK after coming back on EXpired visa im trying to find out how to divorce my wife while shes in the US , her being a US citizen without any come backs and her own mother being VERY Vindictive what do i do ?????

I have atleast 2-3 families in the US who knew and witnessed the problems I was facing they also lent money to my wife's family in the past so it gets worse 8)
also my parents transferred 1500 dollars to pay my wifes parents what they paid for wedding and other items like ring ect which I know need to pay my parents
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Petes Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh you poor guy. What a doozy you are in. So sorry your dream was shattered. Check on an annulment. You'll need to see if it is allowed in the state you were married in. Hope you were married in Las Vegas. They do divorces VERY easily. If not you can get divorced in Haiti or the D.R. Or see a solicitor there.. I understand that Blazer Mills Solicitors have offices in the UK and US. Might be worth giving them a call. As for the rest of it prayers are with you.

Carla (sooo very happy to soon be Mrs Pete F!!!)
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 5:53 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but things went bad ?

Evil,

You've got to be trolling with a story like this. But in the event that you're not - you're are resident of the UK and you're in the UK, so see a UK lawyer and get a divorce action filed in the UK. Do it fast, before you wife files in her state of residence, so that hopefully she's answering you rather than the other way around.

Cheers, JEff

Originally posted by evilzippy
Hiya hope some one can help
got married in US on holiday visa while what left of days in US applied for INS Medical was aproved ect had everything sent off returned with filing fee change then by time sent again my Visa Expired by this time my wife turned from miss's sweet heart to playing marralin manson and talking about cutting herself and mood swings and i mean Striking for me emotionally and physically she has attacked me being in another country and a visa being expired I had no legs to stand on a good friend Jr and his family knew the family and the wife from hell before I did , he himself started receiving threats while he took care of me in which i had no choice i was being treated like a possesion by my wife and her mother which led to moving down the street it was crazy the familys friends became mine and did not realise they had me under there roof going through a living nightmare to make things worse my wife's sister was slapped in jail she stole her own parents belongings including my own to boot , and bought drugs she was beaten up by a 300lb guy and still boasted about her injuries as you can see I moved in with family from hell being from the UK hoping for a great future in the US was destroyed .....Right now im back in UK after coming back on EXpired visa im trying to find out how to divorce my wife while shes in the US , her being a US citizen without any come backs and her own mother being VERY Vindictive what do i do ?????

I have atleast 2-3 families in the US who knew and witnessed the problems I was facing they also lent money to my wife's family in the past so it gets worse 8)
also my parents transferred 1500 dollars to pay my wifes parents what they paid for wedding and other items like ring ect which I know need to pay my parents
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 12:12 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but

evilzippy wrote:
    > , her
    > being a US citizen without any come backs and her own mother being VERY
    > Vindictive what do i do ?????

Get a lawyer and a divorce.
Since a US divorce can be filed when one person is out of the US, I
assume you could get a UK divorce since one of you lives in the UK. You
aren't required to divorce in the country of marriage.

Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:40 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but

Petes Angel wrote:
    >
    > Oh you poor guy. What a doozy you are in. So sorry your dream was
    > shattered. Check on an annulment. You'll need to see if it is allowed in
    > the state you were married in. Hope you were married in Las Vegas. They
    > do divorces VERY easily.

What are you talking about? It doesn't matter if they got married in
Vegas.
To divorce in Vegas requires 6 weeks of residency by one of the people,
as I recall

If not you can get divorced in Haiti or the
    > D.R. Or see a solicitor there.. I understand that Blazer Mills
    > Solicitors have offices in the UK and US. Might be worth giving them a
    > call. As for the rest of it prayers are with you.

Wherever he gets divorced, he needs to make sure he provides legal
notification to his spouse.
I don't know if the UK is going to care about it, but his wife in the US
can have legal alternatives if he fails to take the proper steps to
notify her and he decides at some point to live in the US.

Old Jan 7th 2003, 4:51 am
Jadm

Default Re: what do I do if married during holiday visa was waiting for INS but things went bad ?

you can get a divorce from the UK and get rid of her yes*

Old May 31st 2004, 5:55 am
Just Joined

evilzippy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for advice almost there realised can get divorced here www.divorce.co.uk great site costing around 460 pounds not bad but need original marraige cert trying to get duplicate to get divorced and clear my head finnaly doing ok for now ! no guy should go through this !!!
Old May 31st 2004, 6:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by evilzippy
...Visa Expired by this time my wife turned from miss's sweet heart to playing marralin manson...
I'd just like to point out that Marilyn Manson is a guy - so if you're wife has turned into him, you have yet another problem on your hands!

Ian