Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What to do after moving? (but before filing anything)

Wikiposts

What to do after moving? (but before filing anything)

Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Stewnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do after moving? (but before filing anything)

I've seen this thread before but I'm not sure if this is different. My Fiancee came over on a K1, we moved house and got married. I'm still waiting on IRS forms so I haven't filed anything yet. She has her social security under the new address and we're waiting on her state ID under the new address. Should I just use the new address on all forms we will be filing or is there something else I need to be doing to inform them that we are not at the address we were at when she entered the country?

Thanks!
Stew
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do after moving? (but before filing anything)

Originally Posted by Stewnt
I've seen this thread before but I'm not sure if this is different. My Fiancee came over on a K1, we moved house and got married. I'm still waiting on IRS forms so I haven't filed anything yet. She has her social security under the new address and we're waiting on her state ID under the new address. Should I just use the new address on all forms we will be filing or is there something else I need to be doing to inform them that we are not at the address we were at when she entered the country?

Thanks!
Stew
Hi Stew,

Just use the new address on all your AOS forms. Never mind the old address. The AOS is like starting it all fresh again, with the new address.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Stewnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Stew,

Just use the new address on all your AOS forms. Never mind the old address. The AOS is like starting it all fresh again, with the new address.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks, you saved me again

Stew
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Stew,

Best Wishes,
Rene
No AR-11 and all that?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
No AR-11 and all that?
I dont' think so, Mo....they did her K-1 visa with the old address. They have a new address for the AOS forms.

Are you saying if they moved after her arrival in the USA, but before filling out the AOS forms, she needs to do an AR-11? I just thought using the new address on all the AOS forms would cover USCIS knowing her current address and whereabouts....

But now I'm not so sure. Guess they can do the AR-11 just in case, eh?

Rene