Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

What to do after I-129F approval?

Wikiposts

What to do after I-129F approval?

Old Nov 19th 2002, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

krikkrak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do after I-129F approval?

Ok...

Now i am confused...

After reading a few posts here it seems like after approval of the I-129F, i had to open a provisonal file at the Consulate?

How do i do that?

And i thought that i could just lay back at home witing for them to send me a package :P

Oh well some more work to do...

Cheers all
Old Nov 19th 2002, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: What to do after I-129F approval?

Originally posted by krikkrak
Ok...

Now i am confused...

After reading a few posts here it seems like after approval of the I-129F, i had to open a provisonal file at the Consulate?

How do i do that?

And i thought that i could just lay back at home witing for them to send me a package :P

Cheers all
Hi,

Only some embassies, like the one in London open provisional files. You should check out the embassy in the country you are in website.

it's 3 forms and a checklist,
DS-230 , part 1 & 2 (part 3 & 4 are turned it at the interview)
DS-156
DS-156k
and IV-15 (the checklist)

your checklist has the things you need, like a birth certificate (long form) and the police check which you should get processed as soon as possible as it takes a few weeks or more to receive.
hope this helps. Good luck

Kat
Old Nov 19th 2002, 3:30 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi,

Only some embassies, like the one in London open provisional files. You should check out the embassy in the country you are in website.

it's 3 forms and a checklist,
DS-230 , part 1 & 2 (part 3 & 4 are turned it at the interview)
DS-156
DS-156k
and IV-15 (the checklist)

your checklist has the things you need, like a birth certificate (long form) and the police check which you should get processed as soon as possible as it takes a few weeks or more to receive.
hope this helps. Good luck

Kat

We're preparing to do our provisional file, too (for London). Just have a couple of questions, if someone would be so kind to answer them!

1) Which forms does Mark sign BEFORE sending them to the consulate, and which forms does he sign during the interview?

2) Can the provisional file be opened without the checklist? In other words, can Mark send in DS-230, DS-156 and DS-156K first, then the checklist later? Or does he have to wait until I send him everything he needs from me (I-134, etc.)??

Thanks everyone...

~ Jenney
Old Nov 19th 2002, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
We're preparing to do our provisional file, too (for London). Just have a couple of questions, if someone would be so kind to answer them!

1) Which forms does Mark sign BEFORE sending them to the consulate, and which forms does he sign during the interview?

2) Can the provisional file be opened without the checklist? In other words, can Mark send in DS-230, DS-156 and DS-156K first, then the checklist later? Or does he have to wait until I send him everything he needs from me (I-134, etc.)??

Thanks everyone...

~ Jenney
Hi,

1) I think you sign all the forms during the interview, at least that is what the embassy emailed to me when I asked

2) you can open the file with the forms, however they will need the checklist in order to send you the interview date. At least that is how I understand it.

Kat
Old Nov 19th 2002, 10:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since you are in Canada and not in the U.K. the advice is a little different. If you were using the US Consulate in Vancouver you could open a provisional file with the US Consulate to get a jump on an interview date. If you are using the US Consulate in Montreal you cannot.

You can sit back and wait for the package or you can start early and apply for your police clearance from the RCMP, get your long form birth certificate, take your medical before the package arrives.

Rete

Ok...

Now i am confused...

How do i do that?

Cheers all
Old Nov 20th 2002, 4:27 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers all
Man alive!!!!!!!! I wish I was as chilled out as you are!!!! What's your secret????!!!!!!
Kate. xxxx
Old Nov 20th 2002, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Since you are in Canada and not in the U.K. the advice is a little different. If you were using the US Consulate in Vancouver you could open a provisional file with the US Consulate to get a jump on an interview date. If you are using the US Consulate in Montreal you cannot.

You can sit back and wait for the package or you can start early and apply for your police clearance from the RCMP, get your long form birth certificate, take your medical before the package arrives.

Rete
Thank you Rete.. seems like you have all the answers for me :P

Ok.. i still have few Qs i hope you (or anyone else) can help me with.

I've studied in the US for 2 years.. should i get a FBI police certificate as well? I read somewhere that i needn't one for US places.

Also has anybody lived in France? Cos i lived there for a while too before ending up here .. Any ideas how to get a police certificate from there?

Concerning the Medical Exam, can i do it with any doctors or there are specificied doctors i should go see...
Old Nov 20th 2002, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Man alive!!!!!!!! I wish I was as chilled out as you are!!!! What's your secret????!!!!!!
Kate. xxxx
Never worry about thing you have no control on!!

Cheers

Krikkrak
Old Nov 20th 2002, 9:10 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never worry about thing you have no control on!!

Cheers

Krikkrak
Easier said than done, especially if you're me!!!!!
Kate. xxxxxx