Reload this Page >

what do the abbreviations mean

Wikiposts

what do the abbreviations mean

Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

shirl552 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do the abbreviations mean

Is there a place where I can find out what all these abbreviations mean that pple use. I am so lost
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do the abbreviations mean

Originally posted by shirl552
Is there a place where I can find out what all these abbreviations mean that pple use. I am so lost

Try the FAQ listed in the root post at the top of the British Expats forum. The abbreviations are all listed at the end of the FAQ.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally posted by shirl552
Good morning.
I used this link: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#appendix

Hope it helps
Melody
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:27 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Try the FAQ listed in the root post at the top of the British Expats forum. The abbreviations are all listed at the end of the FAQ.
FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:41 am
RogerL9119

> Try the FAQ listed in the
    >root post at the top of the British Expats forum. The abbreviations are
    >all listed at the end of the FAQ.

I went to the FAQ page and saw nothing about abbreviations.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RogerL9119
    > Try the FAQ listed in the
    >root post at the top of the British Expats forum. The abbreviations are
    >all listed at the end of the FAQ.

I went to the FAQ page and saw nothing about abbreviations.
Then you didn't look very hard. It is at the end of the very first page:

APPENDIX - Forms and Terminology
I-94 - Arrival/Departure record. This will be issued at the originating airport, on the flight or at the border if traveling from Canada or Mexico. It should be stamped with a 90 day work authorization and should be kept until the USCIS (INS) interview
I-102 - Form to apply for I-94 if it was lost, destroyed or mutilated.
I-129F - Petition for Alien Fiance(e). Can only be filed by US Citizen and must be filed in the US.
I-130 - Petition for alien relative.
I-134 - Affidavit of support. Used when applying for non-immigrant visas.
I-131 - Application for Re-entry Permit/Advanced Parole. Required to re-enter between filing I-485 and getting the green card stamp.
I-468 - Data Collection for Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System (ADIT). A processing form. Similar to WR-702 or WR-703.
I-551 - Alien Registration Receipt Card. The 'Green' Card. After a successful interview at the USCIS (INS) office, this will be stamped in the passport and the laminated card send afterwards.
I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization Document
I-485 - Change of Status form. Must be filed after the wedding to begin process of transferring status to permanent resident.
I-751 - Petition to remove conditions. This form must be filed jointly by original petitioner and beneficiary in the 3 months prior to the 2nd anniversary of obtaining conditional permanent residency.
I-864 - Affidavit of support. This form is to be filed with I-485 when changing status
I-865- Sponsors change of address. If you signed the I-864 affidavit, you must report change of your address within 10 days.
I-797 - Notice of Action. Both the receipt notice, and approval notice will be issued on this form.
I-688 - This is the number of a laminated Employment Authorization Document. (Currently version I-688B)
G-325A - Biographic Information. Needs to be filled out for petitioner and beneficiary when petitioning, and again when filing adjustment of status
I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification. You will be required to fill this form out when applying for a job to show you are legally employable.
I-90 - Application to Replace Alien Receipt Card. This will need to be filed if you lose your green card. (and I think when it expires)
9003 - "Additional Questions to be Completed by All Applicants for Permanent Residence in the United States" (a form used by the Internal Revenue Service)
AR-11 - Change of Address form. Tough to find. Send a letter instead.
N-400 - Application for Naturalization (to United States Citizen)
WR-702 or WR-703 - Data Collection for Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System (ADIT). A processing form. Similar to I-468.

ADIT - Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System
AOS - Affidavit of Support
AOS - Adjustment of Status
Consulate - Work place of a diplomat who's job is to look after the interest of it's citizens in a foreign country. This is also where visas are processed
BCIS - Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
CPR - Conditional Permanent Resident
CSC - California Service Center
DOJ - Department of Justice. BCIS (INS) falls under the jurisdiction of the DOJ
EAD - Employment Authorization Document
Embassy - The building in which an ambassador lives or works. The Embassy does not process visas
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
INA - Immigration and Nationality Act
IBIS - Interagency Border Inspection System
INS - Immigration and Naturalization Service
IRS - Internal Revenue Service
ISP - Internet Service Provider
IVACS - Immigrant Visa Applicant Control System
JFK - John F. Kennedy International Airport
NG - Newsgroup
NOA - Notice of Action (form I-797)
NSC - Nebraska Service Center
PDF - Adobe Portable Document Format (used by Adobe Reader)
PISS - Pre-INS Submission Syndrome
POE - Port of Entry. Usually airport or border crossing inspection post.
PR - Permanent Resident (Also LPR - Legal Permanent Resident)
SSA - Social Security Administration
SSN - Social Security Number
TPS - Temporary Protected Status
TSC - Texas Service Center
USCIS - US Citizenship and Immigration Services
VSC - Vermont Service Center
VWPP - Visa Waiver Pilot Program