What comes after I-130?

Wikiposts

What comes after I-130?

Old May 6th 2011, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Eagle_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What comes after I-130?

Hello,

My wife had filed an I-130 in March and we are currently awaiting the 'package'.

Could someone possibly enlighten me as to what I can expect when we receive the 'package', i.e., do I have to get a CRB check?

I am already sorting out the affidavit of support, which, in itself, is a royal pain.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Eagle_Eyes; May 6th 2011 at 3:46 am.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What comes after I-130?

Originally Posted by Eagle_Eyes
Hello,

My wife had filed an I-130 in March and we are currently awaiting the 'package'.

Could someone possibly enlighten me as to what I can expect when we receive the 'package', i.e., do I have to get a CRB check?

I am already sorting out the affidavit of support, which, in itself, is a royal pain.

Thanks in advance!
It helps if you mention that you're doing DCF, because the process after I-130 is different if you filed the I-130 in the UK or in the USA.

Yes, you will need to obtain a police certificate, but I don't believe it's the CRB one. I believe there is a Wiki entry regarding what police report you need, or it could be part of the CR-1 DCF Wiki entry. Have a look at those.

As for the rest of "the package", all it is is a page with a link on where to go to download and fill out your visa application forms, it's all on the US Consulate London website. You can get them started ahead of time. Once you have your LND case number, you can also book your medical exam (the page will also have instructions on that, but you can read plenty of threads on here about it for a heads up).

Rene
Old May 6th 2011, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Rene,

Thanks for swift reply. What's DCF, by chance? We are both currently in the U.K., which is also where my wife filed the I-130.

I'll be sure to read other more pertinent threads.

Thanks again.
Old May 6th 2011, 4:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for swift reply. What's DCF, by chance? We are both currently in the U.K., which is also where my wife filed the I-130.
DCF = Direct Consular Filing, which means the I-130 is filed directly in London, which is what you did.

Rene
Old May 6th 2011, 4:26 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

I'll be sure to read other more pertinent threads.

Thanks again.
Here you go, read this one first: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-...led_In_London_

That describes the process you are doing and tells you what all documents you need to get ordered. Links in there to the ACPO police cert you'll need.
Old May 7th 2011, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Mattmcc1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I are not doing DCF. She filed in the US. So what are the differences? We have only gotten our NOA1 so far but is there anything we can get ready ahead of time? Thanks!
Old May 7th 2011, 6:19 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattmcc1985
My wife and I are not doing DCF. She filed in the US. So what are the differences? We have only gotten our NOA1 so far but is there anything we can get ready ahead of time? Thanks!
This is the wiki for the IV when the I-130 is filed in the US: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/CR-1_

The primary difference is that after I-130 approval, the NVC/National Visa Center will handle all of your visa application documents and set your interview date. The NVC steps (there are several) involve mailing documents and payments back/forth, so you'll want to learn about setting an Agent, paying the invoices and sending your documents back in the correct order. Look for the threads here about filing I-130 in the US (there are several running) and you can get a peek ahead at what is coming.
Here's one: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699857
Old May 7th 2011, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
DCF = Direct Consular Filing, which means the I-130 is filed directly in London, which is what you did.

Rene
Thanks Rene.
Old May 7th 2011, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Here you go, read this one first: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-...led_In_London_

That describes the process you are doing and tells you what all documents you need to get ordered. Links in there to the ACPO police cert you'll need.
Thanks for your assistance.