Welcome Letter??

Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

kwisking will become famous soon enough
Default Welcome Letter??

I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in July of last year. In January of this year I got my approval letter which stated I should bring 2 pictures to my local office and apply for my new green card. On Febuary 6th I went to my local office gave them the two pictures and my green card. They took the green card and had me sign a form they also took a finger print too. They stamped my passport with an I551 stamp good for 1 year.

A couple of days ago I received an I-797 Notice of Action, a Welcome Letter. What confuses me is the Welcome Letter states at the bottom that my new green card will expire in two years. That doesn't seem right shouldn't I be receiving a 10 year card this time?
Old Mar 8th 2005, 11:01 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome Letter??

Originally Posted by kwisking
I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in July of last year. In January of this year I got my approval letter which stated I should bring 2 pictures to my local office and apply for my new green card. On Febuary 6th I went to my local office gave them the two pictures and my green card. They took the green card and had me sign a form they also took a finger print too. They stamped my passport with an I551 stamp good for 1 year.

A couple of days ago I received an I-797 Notice of Action, a Welcome Letter. What confuses me is the Welcome Letter states at the bottom that my new green card will expire in two years. That doesn't seem right shouldn't I be receiving a 10 year card this time?
I wouldnt panic yet. Wait and see what the actual card says.

Good Luck!
Marnee
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:44 am
Just Joined

samblue will become famous soon enough

Hi kwisking. I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in September of last year. I got my welcome letter in February, and mine also said my new card would expire in two years. I was a little concerned, but decided to wait and see what the card said. About two weeks after receiving the welcome letter, a nice, shiny new green card came in the mail...a ten year one! You should be fine.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

kwisking will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by samblue
Hi kwisking. I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in September of last year. I got my welcome letter in February, and mine also said my new card would expire in two years. I was a little concerned, but decided to wait and see what the card said. About two weeks after receiving the welcome letter, a nice, shiny new green card came in the mail...a ten year one! You should be fine.

Thanks Samblue, thats what I was looking for, somone with the same experience. I guess they just have one form for the welcome letters, which is very confusing but not surprising.