British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Welcome Letter?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/welcome-letter-288823/)

kwisking Mar 8th 2005 9:38 pm

Welcome Letter??

I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in July of last year. In January of this year I got my approval letter which stated I should bring 2 pictures to my local office and apply for my new green card. On Febuary 6th I went to my local office gave them the two pictures and my green card. They took the green card and had me sign a form they also took a finger print too. They stamped my passport with an I551 stamp good for 1 year.

A couple of days ago I received an I-797 Notice of Action, a Welcome Letter. What confuses me is the Welcome Letter states at the bottom that my new green card will expire in two years. That doesn't seem right shouldn't I be receiving a 10 year card this time?

USA & Pakistan Mar 8th 2005 11:01 pm

Re: Welcome Letter??

Originally Posted by kwisking
I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in July of last year. In January of this year I got my approval letter which stated I should bring 2 pictures to my local office and apply for my new green card. On Febuary 6th I went to my local office gave them the two pictures and my green card. They took the green card and had me sign a form they also took a finger print too. They stamped my passport with an I551 stamp good for 1 year.

A couple of days ago I received an I-797 Notice of Action, a Welcome Letter. What confuses me is the Welcome Letter states at the bottom that my new green card will expire in two years. That doesn't seem right shouldn't I be receiving a 10 year card this time?

I wouldnt panic yet. Wait and see what the actual card says.

Good Luck!
:)Marnee

samblue Mar 9th 2005 1:44 am

Hi kwisking. I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in September of last year. I got my welcome letter in February, and mine also said my new card would expire in two years. I was a little concerned, but decided to wait and see what the card said. About two weeks after receiving the welcome letter, a nice, shiny new green card came in the mail...a ten year one! You should be fine.

kwisking Mar 9th 2005 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by samblue
Hi kwisking. I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in September of last year. I got my welcome letter in February, and mine also said my new card would expire in two years. I was a little concerned, but decided to wait and see what the card said. About two weeks after receiving the welcome letter, a nice, shiny new green card came in the mail...a ten year one! You should be fine.

Thanks Samblue, thats what I was looking for, somone with the same experience. I guess they just have one form for the welcome letters, which is very confusing but not surprising.