Wikiposts

wedding in las vegas

Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:05 am
Just Joined

gr8smile66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wedding in las vegas

Hello Everyone....

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum.... but I have a question.....

Hopefully, my K1 fiance will be getting his visa on Sept 5, and will be here shortly thereafter. Because I didn't want to jump the gun on wedding plans, in case something doesn't work out, God forbid, I haven't made ANY wedding plans for lack of a date, and we will probably travel out to Las Vegas and do it there. (much more fun anyway!!) :PARTY:

Question: Will he need special documentation in order to get the marriage license??

Question: does anyone have a rough idea how long it will take to get a certified copy of the marriage certificate so that we can stay timely on filing the AOS...?

Thanks for any input!!!

Tamara
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Trinity is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.vegasvows.com/licence.html

This says you simply need identification.

In Kansas, we also had to swear we were free to marry and not related. They asked nothing about his status, but they chatted away about Ireland with him.

I have no idea about getting a certified copy in Nevada.

In Kansas, when you get married you actually sign two original copies, one for you, one for the state. I would have had to wait three weeks to request a certified copy, then another two weeks to get it back. I simply copied the original I had. I dont think you have to send a certified copy, but then again I could be wrong.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wedding in las vegas

Originally posted by gr8smile66
Question: Will he need special documentation in order to get the marriage license??

Question: does anyone have a rough idea how long it will take to get a certified copy of the marriage certificate so that we can stay timely on filing the AOS...?
Hi:

We got married in Vegas... all you need for the marriage licence is some ID and your SSN if you have one. My wife showed her driver's licence - I showed my passport and visa. If you have been married before you need your divorce records.

When you go to the county office to get your licence - ask for a certified copy of that too, they will give it to you on the spot.

After your wedding, wait a few days for the certificate to be filed, then go online to http://www.co.clark.nv.us/recorder/mar_srch.htm to order certified copies (they come by mail in about a week). You will also get offers in the mail for you to obtain copies of your certificates, but these are unofficial and more expensive!

I was amazed, outside the licence office there were hawkers offering $40 marriages! You can pretty much go anywhere though and they will marry you on the spot. However I'd reccomend you check the Vegas yellow pages and ring around to book a convenient time. Some chapels will also pick you up and drop you off from where you're staying.

Hope it all goes well
Cheers
Peter