Wikiposts

The Wedding

Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default The Wedding

With my NOA2 rapidly approaching approval (I hope !) my fiancée and me are starting to think seriously about the wedding. As there is a need to get married within three months its seems incredibly difficult to organise a wedding seeing as we don’t even know where we will be living (depending on where I get a job). I think we could manage to slap something together in-between looking for a job etc but I’m sure the short notice would prove very difficult for overseas relative.

Hence I’m stressed out and so look to the friendly forum for some friendly words of advice. What have you done or intend to do regarding a wedding. ?? does having a legal ceremony with me and my fiancée only present and then organising a wedding a year or so later seem like a weird way to do things (obviously would not go down to well with parents/close friends).

awaiting response......
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wedding

Originally posted by MrDub
With my NOA2 rapidly approaching approval (I hope !) my fiancée and me are starting to think seriously about the wedding. As there is a need to get married within three months its seems incredibly difficult to organise a wedding seeing as we don’t even know where we will be living (depending on where I get a job). I think we could manage to slap something together in-between looking for a job etc but I’m sure the short notice would prove very difficult for overseas relative.

Hence I’m stressed out and so look to the friendly forum for some friendly words of advice. What have you done or intend to do regarding a wedding. ?? does having a legal ceremony with me and my fiancée only present and then organising a wedding a year or so later seem like a weird way to do things (obviously would not go down to well with parents/close friends).

awaiting response......
We're going to get married in Gatlinburg, Tennesse. It's in the Smokey Mountains. Supposed to be very stunning in terms of scenary and lots of wedding packages at lots of different chapels to choose from. A lot of the pkgs include lots of extras and they plan most of it, so it takes the hassle and stress out of the wedding.

Jamie
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
We're going to get married in Gatlinburg, Tennesse. It's in the Smokey Mountains. Supposed to be very stunning in terms of scenary and lots of wedding packages at lots of different chapels to choose from. A lot of the pkgs include lots of extras and they plan most of it, so it takes the hassle and stress out of the wedding.

Jamie

Wedding Packages ?, never heard of those, where do you find them, on-line ??
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Wedding Packages ?, never heard of those, where do you find them, on-line ??
Depending on what you are wanting in a wedding, there are many chapels, esp in Vegas and Gatlinburg, that will have basically an all-inclusive deal. You get the ceremony, the unity candle, a certain amout and size of photographs, video of the ceremony, etc. Some will do the garter, the flowers, the cake, a mini reception (or bigger) for so many guests, and some will even include so many days in a honeymoon suite at a hotel.

If you do a search for Gatlinburg weddings on Google, you'll see what I mean about the number of chapels that are available, and the types of packages they offer. I've even seen a few that will include dress and suit rental. So it basically boils down to what you want or are looking for.

We were entertaining the notion of Vegas for quite a while, but after more thought, determined it would be much easier in terms of getting close family there, and cheaper on the budget as we could drive there instead of flying.

Good luck in whatever you choose! I know there are soo many things to consider, so it's not an easy decision.

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:33 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

We planned our wedding in roughly 2 months, it was challenging but everything worked out. We decided to be married in a wedding chapel, and it was wonderful. The Victorian setting was very romantic; and having it at a chapel allowed us to have a personalized wedding, which was important to us. I bought the gown of my dreams off the rack and had it tailored, which saved time (some places want you to order the gown 4 to 6 months before the wedding sheesh!).

Since our families were located in different parts of the world, and across the states here, not everyone was able to make it... we had a total of about 14 guests. We found a golf club which worked out great for both the reception and pictures. It was probably the smallest wedding anyone there had ever been to, but it was a lot of fun!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:47 am
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of hotels, restaurants, clubs etc, will organise everything for you; flowers, photography, music, food etc at a set price per head.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

awaiting response......
What about a wacky wedding in Vegas??
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Many people just have a simply civil ceremony in the first three months than plan a larger family wedding for later.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:39 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DCMark
Many people just have a simply civil ceremony in the first three months than plan a larger family wedding for later.
Thats exactly what I did
Big fat wedding planned for summer 2005!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Thats exactly what I did
Big fat wedding planned for summer 2005!!
Big fat SPANISH wedding??

LOL

Last edited by DCMark; Dec 17th 2003 at 2:52 am.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MrDub,

I know what you mean. I can't plan anything until my fiance has his visa IN HAND and we know exactly what date he will be here. So I'm going to have to come up with something on very short notice. I'm tentatively planning on having a JP come to a nice restaurant, and we can do our vows and then have a buffet type dinner afterwards. I think about 30 people will be able to come. For sure none of his family will be coming, as they're all in Iran! That's one thing I don't have to make arrangements for! lol

Best of Luck to you in your plans :-)
Rene
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bob austin
If you are looking for a job, perhaps you should be thinking about the support documents before you plan a wedding.
The support documents ?, with out trying to sound completely stupid is that not all dealt with before you get the K1 ?. I have a job now, my fiancée in the US has a job, it does not pay a whole lot but over the 125% mark. I will have plenty of money with me to keep me going until I get a good job when I arrive and she will also keep working until I get that job and then we move together and she looks for another job. Sounds complicated I know but makes most sense seeing as my career path will potentially have a lot bigger salary attached... so theres the plan, what support documents are you talking about !???..don’t tell me theres a catch !
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
What about a wacky wedding in Vegas??
eh no !, my family being of the traditional european sort would probably drop dead on the spot upon arriving to Circus Circus or whatever other hotel the ceramony was in in Vegas, but thanks anyway !
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

We are planning a small wedding with just our parents...no siblings. Both our families are okay with this arrangement. We'll probably have this ceremony within about 3 weeks of his arrival so we give EAD processing as much time as possible!

We are going to have a large "normal" ceremony the summer of 2005 on our 5 year anniversary as a couple. It's not an ideal situation but at least this way our families aren't hurt and we still get to celebrate with all of friends and family. Plus we'll be able to plan the big wedding together instead of me trying to put things together while he's still in Ireland.

I think that a lot of people have two ceremonies who are in this situation. I think when we send out invitations for the second one we are going to call it a wedding celebration or marriage celebration...something like that since that is what it really is since it's not our true "wedding". Regardless we'll be together so I'm not too worried.

Happy Planning!
MarDae
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The support documents ?, with out trying to sound completely stupid is that not all dealt with before you get the K1 ?. I have a job now, my fiancée in the US has a job, it does not pay a whole lot but over the 125% mark. I will have plenty of money with me to keep me going until I get a good job when I arrive and she will also keep working until I get that job and then we move together and she looks for another job. Sounds complicated I know but makes most sense seeing as my career path will potentially have a lot bigger salary attached... so theres the plan, what support documents are you talking about !???..don’t tell me theres a catch !
I believe they are referring the the Adjustment of Status which you will apply for after you're married. As part of the paperwork for that, there is another Affidavit of Support (I-185). I'm not there in the process yet, but you might want to start doing some research on it and see what it all entails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.