Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

"...we updated your name for your Form I-129F"?

"...we updated your name for your Form I-129F"?

Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Question "...we updated your name for your Form I-129F"?

I received this odd update via the USCIS system this morning. The secondary information on the website's Case Status is "We will review your request for a data change. If needed, we will make the change." The issue is we didn't submit any changes...

I'm presuming this may be a glitch on the system, as our petition was only received a month ago. My searches online throw up a number of thoughts as to why this happens but nothing definitive. My main question would be is if it's concerning enough to address directly with USCIS, or just wait a while to see if it changes by itself? My expectation is that this just means the file has been picked up by a human, who's entered some sort of data on our file before it goes back into their workload.

Has anyone here had any experience with this sort of update?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "...we updated your name for your Form I-129F"?

The online system is very glitchy. Wait for if the petitioner gets anything in the mail.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "...we updated your name for your Form I-129F"?

I got to the bottom of it... It turns out our attorney changed his address and notified USCIS but didn't tell us. Not that we need to know that specific information which is unrelated to our case, so it's an unfortunate cause of a false alarm!