Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

we messed up big time... oh dear lol.

Wikiposts

we messed up big time... oh dear lol.

Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default we messed up big time... oh dear lol.

Hi,
In 2008, my husband and I married in the US when I was on VWP. We then applied to adjust my status, everything was going through fine and then I returned home due to a problem at home, thus abandoning my application.
So we decided to try for his application to the UK instead, once I had got a job and a place to live.
Neither of which happened, it's been 15 months and cannot get a job! ACK!!
So now I want to return to the US, we want to legally apply with me outside the US so I can enter the US with the relevant documentation and visas needed to live and work there.
Could someone please tell me how, thank you
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we messed up big time... oh dear lol.

Can't help with your question, I'm sure others will come through who can. I have wondered how things are going for you and hope it all gets sorted soon.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:21 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

E M,

Read the 'Immigrant Visas for Spouse' section of the Wiki right here in this web site. Also the immigrant visa pages on the US embassy in London's web site.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Emma M
... I want to return to the US, we want to legally apply with me outside the US so I can enter the US with the relevant documentation and visas needed to live and work there.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:25 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

How long did you spend in the US after your original I-94W had expired?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:07 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Heck girl never thought I would hear the day, you really disliked the US as I remember and was so looking forward to going to home, I am sorry it did not work out for you.

I am sure there must be a way as the others have mentioned and I wish you the best of luck
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Heck girl never thought I would hear the day, you really disliked the US as I remember and was so looking forward to going to home, I am sorry it did not work out for you.

I am sure there must be a way as the others have mentioned and I wish you the best of luck
I don't think it was dislike of the US, more missing her children. Hopefully all that stuff is sorted.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
How long did you spend in the US after your original I-94W had expired?

it was 11 days after the I-94W had expired that we applied for AOS, but around 10 months I actually stayed in the US for.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow I didn't recognise you! What is happening with the children?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bevinva
I don't think it was dislike of the US, more missing her children. Hopefully all that stuff is sorted.
Wow, you really do remember me lol! Yeah things were bad when I got back here. I got let down left right and centre, nearly ended up homeless and to cut a long story short, I got stitched up big time and I'm now living at my mums, on benefits, not been able to find a job since being back here which doesn't make the situation great for getting my husband here.
So... trying for immigration to the US round 2.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl

Well things turned out wayyyy different to how I remembered them back home. Including people I thought I could rely on. Really wish I hadn't left the US to be honest. I guess we don't know what we have got until we don't have them anymore.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Oh wow I didn't recognise you! What is happening with the children?
I see the kids, but it's a limited sort of relationship due to my ex husband who has custody.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I see the kids, but it's a limited sort of relationship due to my ex husband who has custody.
Ah right. Well, good luck.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

it was 11 days after the I-94W had expired that we applied for AOS, but around 10 months I actually stayed in the US for.
You will want to have a consultation with an immigration attorney. With that amount of overstay, you might be facing a ban to returning to the USA anytime soon, and would need to qualify for a waiver, if it's available.

Definitely talk to an immigration attorney about your intent to immigrate to the USA and your overstay situation.

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:37 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

So you've got a potential ban issue to overcome. Best with an attorney I would think.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing you did not apply for the Advance Parole document (form I-131), when you applied for your AOS?

And even 10 months after filing AOS you still have not had your AOS interview?

Sorry, I didn't read your prevoius threads.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.