Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

WE GOT IT! My baby's coming home!

WE GOT IT! My baby's coming home!

Old Feb 6th 2001, 2:26 am
Trikki15

I never ever thought the day would come, the day that I could write to you all and tell
you that our nightmare is over! Well over for now, we know we have many more to come,
but at least we can bitch and complain together and use the same computer and make each
other tea!

Steve had his interview at the US embassy in London this moring and it was a success. He
had to be there at 8:00 am and he received that beautiful visa in his passport by
1:30!!!! I was just getting to work and was sleeping while it all happened and it all
happened so quickly!

So how come Americans can work a bit more efficiently in London than they do in Texas???
Hmmmmmmmm??

Steve said the interview was a breeze, he got his x-rays by the doctor, had a few laughs
with him after telling the doc about his stag do in Madrid the past weekend. And went off
and waited to be called. He got called over by a man who asked him how long Steve and I
knew each other and how we met. Then he asked what I did for a living and that was pretty
much it. He didn't ask for anything that Steve had brought, bank statements, pay stubs,
photos, nothing. He told Steve to go shop around and get a bite to eat and to come back
and hopefully then he could get his visa.

He did just that and voila! To think we waited almost 5 months for only 5 hours at the
embassy for the visa!

So Steve has 18 days to get his life packed up into boxes, his flight arrives in Atlanta
on February 23rd and this is where we live (for now, still questioning on whether or not
it is worth putting up with Atlanta INS? Anyone have comments? I really want to know when
we could expect our AP to come from Atlanta once we file?)

Our wedding which we were so afraid to plan and to put money down on is going to take off
as planned. Saturday May 5th with 175 guests in attendance. That's a little less than 3
months!!!! You won't be able to wipe the smiles off our faces.

Thank you all for your help and we will be happy to return the favour to those just
starting out, but it might be a few weeks until we log on again....TOGETHER this time, I
mean, we do have a lot of celebrating and catching up to do!

So thanks again and best of luck to you all and I'll be back to ask about AOS sooner than
later to those of you who have been there and done that.

Cheers and Hoorah, Nicole and Stephen

Old Feb 6th 2001, 3:03 am
chrisjt

Congrats to you and Stephan!

Old Feb 6th 2001, 3:10 am
JeepCrazy

Congrats!!

Just started the K1 process myself.

Peter (CDN) & Kimberly (USA)

> I never ever thought the day would come, the day that I could write to you
all
> and tell you that our nightmare is over! Well over for now, we know we
have
> many more to come, but at least we can bitch and complain together and use
the
> same computer and make each other tea!
>
> Steve had his interview at the US embassy in London this moring and it was
a
> success. He had to be there at 8:00 am and he received that beautiful
visa in
> his passport by 1:30!!!! I was just getting to work and was sleeping
while it
> all happened and it all happened so quickly!
>
> So how come Americans can work a bit more efficiently in London than they
do in
> Texas??? Hmmmmmmmm??
>
> Steve said the interview was a breeze, he got his x-rays by the doctor,
had a
> few laughs with him after telling the doc about his stag do in Madrid the
past
> weekend. And went off and waited to be called. He got called over by a
man
> who asked him how long Steve and I knew each other and how we met. Then
he
> asked what I did for a living and that was pretty much it. He didn't ask
for
> anything that Steve had brought, bank statements, pay stubs, photos,
nothing.
> He told Steve to go shop around and get a bite to eat and to come back and hopefully
> then he could get his visa.
>
> He did just that and voila! To think we waited almost 5 months for only 5 hours at the
> embassy for the visa!
>
> So Steve has 18 days to get his life packed up into boxes, his flight
arrives
> in Atlanta on February 23rd and this is where we live (for now, still questioning on
> whether or not it is worth putting up with Atlanta INS?
Anyone
> have comments? I really want to know when we could expect our AP to come
from
> Atlanta once we file?)
>
> Our wedding which we were so afraid to plan and to put money down on is
going
> to take off as planned. Saturday May 5th with 175 guests in attendance. That's a little
> less than 3 months!!!! You won't be able to wipe the
smiles
> off our faces.
>
> Thank you all for your help and we will be happy to return the favour to
those
> just starting out, but it might be a few weeks until we log on again....TOGETHER this
> time, I mean, we do have a lot of celebrating and catching up to do!
>
> So thanks again and best of luck to you all and I'll be back to ask about
AOS
> sooner than later to those of you who have been there and done that.
>
> Cheers and Hoorah, Nicole and Stephen

Old Feb 6th 2001, 4:00 pm
Gabby the new K-1 Girl

<HUGGGGGG>

That is so wonderful!

Hurray!!!!!

>
>I never ever thought the day would come, the day that I could write to you all and tell
>you that our nightmare is over! Well over for now, we know we have many more to come,
>but at least we can bitch and complain together and use the same computer and make each
>other tea!
>
>Steve had his interview at the US embassy in London this moring and it was a success. He
>had to be there at 8:00 am and he received that beautiful visa in his passport by
>1:30!!!! I was just getting to work and was sleeping while it all happened and it all
>happened so quickly!
>
>So how come Americans can work a bit more efficiently in London than they do in Texas???
>Hmmmmmmmm??
>
>Steve said the interview was a breeze, he got his x-rays by the doctor, had a few laughs
>with him after telling the doc about his stag do in Madrid the past weekend. And went off
>and waited to be called. He got called over by a man who asked him how long Steve and I
>knew each other and how we met. Then he asked what I did for a living and that was pretty
>much it. He didn't ask for anything that Steve had brought, bank statements, pay stubs,
>photos, nothing.
>
>He told Steve to go shop around and get a bite to eat and to come back and hopefully then
>he could get his visa.
>
>He did just that and voila! To think we waited almost 5 months for only 5 hours at the
>embassy for the visa!
>
>So Steve has 18 days to get his life packed up into boxes, his flight arrives in Atlanta
>on February 23rd and this is where we live (for now, still questioning on whether or not
>it is worth putting up with Atlanta INS? Anyone have comments? I really want to know when
>we could expect our AP to come from Atlanta once we file?)
>
>Our wedding which we were so afraid to plan and to put money down on is going to take off
>as planned. Saturday May 5th with 175 guests in attendance. That's a little less than 3
>months!!!! You won't be able to wipe the smiles off our faces.
>
>Thank you all for your help and we will be happy to return the favour to those just
>starting out, but it might be a few weeks until we log on again....TOGETHER this time, I
>mean, we do have a lot of celebrating and catching up to do!
>
>So thanks again and best of luck to you all and I'll be back to ask about AOS sooner than
>later to those of you who have been there and done that.
>
>Cheers and Hoorah, Nicole and Stephen
>
>
>
>
>
>

~Gabby

Old Feb 6th 2001, 8:56 pm
MoonRose13

Dear Nicole And Stephen,

I usually quote the posts to which I reply. But I don't think that is necessary here.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am very happy for you!

You say you have only three months to plan for your wedding. I only had five days after
landing in Singapore. And it is at least a 16-hour flight from LAX to Singapore. I wish
you and your honey the best of luck and many, many years of wedded bliss.

Love and Blessed Be, Theresa