Reload this Page >

We got approved!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

We got approved!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

lolita will become famous soon enoughlolita will become famous soon enough
Smile We got approved!!!!!!!!!!

Today I got an email telling me that the I-129F had been approved yersterday, and that they will send me a letter with the steps that I have to follow from now on. I am so happy, I just wanted to share my joy with you, and any comments on what I have to do now will be more than welcome. Thank you so much to all the people that have helped me during this period. Have you all a great day!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We got approved!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by lolita
Today I got an email telling me that the I-129F had been approved yersterday, and that they will send me a letter with the steps that I have to follow from now on. I am so happy, I just wanted to share my joy with you, and any comments on what I have to do now will be more than welcome. Thank you so much to all the people that have helped me during this period. Have you all a great day!!!
Congratulations! See, it WAS less than 6 months...lol

Normally, at this point, there is nothing more for the USC to do. The file goes to NVC and then on to the US embassy overseas. The alien will receive a set of visa application forms, he will get his medical done, and attend the K-1 interview.

Since your fiance is Cuban, I am not sure if that all follows the same steps or not.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

lolita will become famous soon enoughlolita will become famous soon enough

Rene, Thank you so much for all your help, you have been one of the persons that have provided me with much of the info that I needed since I filled for my K1 visa. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Do you know how long it takes to get into the US embassy overseas? Also, do I have to send more evidence on chats, emails, calls, etc? Moreover, I have understood that I have to send an affidavit of support to my fiance in Cuba, and some other letters signed by both of us reaffirming our commitment of getting marry. I really don't know much about this part of the process, so anything about it will be very helpful. Thank Rene one more time for all your help, I really appreciate it. Have awonderful day!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Rene, Thank you so much for all your help, you have been one of the persons that have provided me with much of the info that I needed since I filled for my K1 visa. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Do you know how long it takes to get into the US embassy overseas? Also, do I have to send more evidence on chats, emails, calls, etc? Moreover, I have understood that I have to send an affidavit of support to my fiance in Cuba, and some other letters signed by both of us reaffirming our commitment of getting marry. I really don't know much about this part of the process, so anything about it will be very helpful. Thank Rene one more time for all your help, I really appreciate it. Have awonderful day!!!!!!!!!!
Go to www.uscis.gov, Immigration Forms, I-134. This is the Affidavit of Support you need to fill out and send to him, so he can show it at his interview (or he might need to turn it in before the interview, I'm not sure in his case).

If you want to go ahead and send him the originals and a copy of further proof of your relationship, for him to show at the interview, you can do that too.

To my knowledge, there is not another letter required to reaffirm the marriage intent, that was done with the I-129F.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:56 am

Do you know how long it takes to get into the US embassy overseas?
It can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months, I believe. My Iranian fiance's I-129F package spent 4 months at NVC going through security checks. But many others went through in just 2 weeks or so.

Rene