Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

We are finally doing it!!!!!

We are finally doing it!!!!!

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:53 am
Just Joined

ppc25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We are finally doing it!!!!!

Well after a recent visit to the UK, we as a family have decided to move back. Already had a garage sale and have a few more to do!!!
house is up for sale and i have priced it so it sells quickly
Our plan is to sell the house before the first snow fall, move in to furnished rented acomodation for a few months while i continue to work until the end of the tax year, then give my bank detail and T4 to the acountant then back to good old blighty.

Dont get me wrong i have really enjoyed my time in canada, and canada has been very kind to us. I am giving up the best job and best paid job i have ever had to go back home, but with 5 kids all wanting to know there cousins aunties and uncles, and an ill mother the pull of england was too much.

Anyways i just thought i would share my good news with everyone because we as a family are happy
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are finally doing it!!!!!

Originally Posted by ppc25
Well after a recent visit to the UK, we as a family have decided to move back. Already had a garage sale and have a few more to do!!!
Our plan is to sell the house before the first snow fall, move in to furnished rented acomodation for a few months while i continue to work until the end of the tax year, then give my bank detail and T4 to the acountant then back to good old blighty.

Dont get me wrong i have really enjoyed my time in canada, and canada has been very kind to us. I am giving up the best job and best paid job i have ever had to go back home, but with 5 kids all wanting to know there cousins aunties and uncles, and an ill mother the pull of england was too much.

Anyways i just thought i would share my good news with everyone because we as a family are happy

Hello and welcome to BE.

Congratulations on making the decision to return home. I hope it all works out for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:07 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on making your decision and I wish you all the best for the future, hopefully your house will sell quickly.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

We are basically in the same position but in Australia. I had a trip back last year and honestly thought I had flown into some sort of alternative UK to the one people here were telling me about. That trip made up my mind and we are going to do the same thing, price our house to sell.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

It was basically the same for us (except not the ill mother) sometimes the pull of home just cannot be ignored. All the best of wishes
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
We are basically in the same position but in Australia. I had a trip back last year and honestly thought I had flown into some sort of alternative UK to the one people here were telling me about. That trip made up my mind and we are going to do the same thing, price our house to sell.
After 7 years in Aus we decided it was time for a visit home..it took us so long to return as we wanted to put down roots first in Aus and have a good look around Australia etc before we returned to the "UK" for a holiday....the other reason was we did listen to much to our British friends in Aus who were horrified we were wasting "good money on bad" (their words) but we mustered up our nerves to visit "the dump" with "miserable people" with "muggers on every corner" lol...and wow we were so surprised, we had a great time ...as you do on holiday but it was more than that...after 7 years of making Aus home....actually being back in the UK was just home through and through....fast forward a few years another long visit then a few more yeas (12 in all lol) we moved back last year and for us we have no regrets, enjoyed our time in Aus but home is really where the heart is...well for us anyway. Good luck
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, very exciting!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 3:39 am
Just Joined

ppc25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everybody for the good wishes, and funnily enough i did see a much better side to england than what i did when i left. in hindsight pherhaps we should have just moved to another part of england but he ho, we are glad we had the canadian experiance and 3 other kids whilst we were here lol
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 1:47 am
Just Joined

cuzmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear you. I'm doing the exact same thing. I've been in Canada 12 years and have a great job and my own house. I also have a 10 month old son and his family is more important than anything, all he has here is me. Best of luck to you. My house sold in 3 days and I'll be home by November
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 10:36 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Same here, moved back last year and it is still the good old Country, I think a lot do knock it as they feel it justifies their time in Oz even if they hate it.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 10:58 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cuzmonkey
I hear you. I'm doing the exact same thing. I've been in Canada 12 years and have a great job and my own house. I also have a 10 month old son and his family is more important than anything, all he has here is me. Best of luck to you. My house sold in 3 days and I'll be home by November

Canada is somewhere I must visit
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

gooner4200000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: We are finally doing it!!!!!

We ( family of 4) spent 6 years in Ottawa. I had a very good job too. We moved back in march 2010 and have never looked back. I often wonder now what on earth made us want to leave in the first place. I blame reading the Daily mail and believing all the crap that gets printed about broken England when the rwality is somewhat different as a whole. Canada is a great place with warm and friendly people, but it's not hom. I wish you all the best moving back, you will not regret it..
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

good luck with your house sell. we moved back 2years ago now..from Toronto(area) small town...took about 2mths to sell not bad. really in a recession.
We have had our up/downs here, missing abit of both worlds really. slowing settleling in...best of luck in the BIG move.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 10:51 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are absolutely right, some of the absurd arguments people use to justify the move are just ridiculous. 'I came here to get away from crime' Good luck with that.
I found England to be no different when I went back, I was almost disappointed that people in shops WEREN'T rude and miserable and that our friends still went on holiday and appeared to be able to afford to live.

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Same here, moved back last year and it is still the good old Country, I think a lot do knock it as they feel it justifies their time in Oz even if they hate it.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

I think you are absolutely right, some of the absurd arguments people use to justify the move are just ridiculous. 'I came here to get away from crime' Good luck with that.
I found England to be no different when I went back, I was almost disappointed that people in shops WEREN'T rude and miserable and that our friends still went on holiday and appeared to be able to afford to live.
Well you guys wont be getting togther with Gary Newman anytime soon then, according to him England is ruled by packs of marauding yobs and there isn't a safe spot to be found. He's moving to Santa Monica because , and I quote ( couldn't make this up if I tried anyway )

“America clearly has its own problems, but Santa Monica is great. It has beautiful beaches and the Pacific Ocean. There is not one bit of trouble and not one surly or aggressive person there. Everyone is friendly.

You ask the teenagers there for directions and they are polite and helpful.

“Do that here and you are as likely to get stabbed as you are to get directions. The fact is the English are pretty miserable.”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/92078...fears_of_yobs/

Can you imagine how the Visa interview might go :

" Er , yeah, so I wrote this song about 30 years ago called "Cars" it was all about being in my car, living in it like - was really good.. well anyway Englands full of knife wielding crack heads and Santa Monica is full of rainbows and lovely things, people skip down the roads holding hands, the air smells of roses and the police hand out milk and cookies so can I have a visa for there please ? "

Last edited by Englishman43; Sep 3rd 2011 at 11:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.