Wikiposts

want to be together

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

johnhardy1969 is a jewel in the roughjohnhardy1969 is a jewel in the roughjohnhardy1969 is a jewel in the roughjohnhardy1969 is a jewel in the rough
Default want to be together

I have met a wonderful woman in America and i want to move out there with her , she as three kids and i would love to look after them all , we have talked about having a baby ourselves and i was wondering if i had a baby with her and marry her would that help me to stay and work in America , i want to be with her so badly and spend the rest of my life with her . I've no idea what i have to do but i need help in plain English , not what visa i need just will this help me to get a green card to support my new family . thankyou for any help you may give
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: want to be together

Originally Posted by johnhardy1969
... and i was wondering if i had a baby with her and marry her would that help me to stay and work in America
Nope. You can't move there without a visa. Being married or engaged to a US citizen (of the opposite sex) makes you eligible for a visa, though.

I've no idea what i have to do but i need help in plain English , not what visa i need
In plain English: You can't move to the US without a visa. End of story. Research K1 fiancee visas of you are not married yet, and CR-1 if you decide to marry first. Would it help if I repeat this in another language as well?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:19 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I've no idea what i have to do but i need help in plain English , not what visa i need just will this help me to get a green card to support my new family.
You either need to do the work yourself, or pay someone to do it for you.

Generally, a foreigner who marries a US citizen will eventually be able to live and work in the US after a pile of paperwork, a load of bucks, and some time delay. But it's all rather dependent on the actual facts of the situation. BTW, there is no necessity to procreate.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

..... criminal history notwithstanding (yes I know that's why you said 'generally, but since we are 'speeling it out' here ..... ).
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:29 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
..... criminal history notwithstanding (yes I know that's why you said 'generally, but since we are 'speeling it out' here ..... ).
criminal history, communicable diseases, mental health history, previous visa history, and meet minimum financial requirements.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have met a wonderful woman in America and i want to move out there with her , she as three kids and i would love to look after them all , we have talked about having a baby ourselves and i was wondering if i had a baby with her and marry her would that help me to stay and work in America , i want to be with her so badly and spend the rest of my life with her . I've no idea what i have to do but i need help in plain English , not what visa i need just will this help me to get a green card to support my new family . thankyou for any help you may give
Her having another child won't help you because SHE , if and when you marry, will need to sponsor YOU in order for you to move to the US i.e she will need to prove she has enough funds to support you until such time as you are able to get a job. (Getting a job in anything is no easy matter these days)

Can't see how she will be able to do that if she has 4 children to take care of - unless SHE has plenty of money.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have met a wonderful woman in America and i want to move out there with her...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...91#post9586491

Are you suggesting that you've found out no information whatsoever in the almost 2 months since you first asked?

... i need help in plain English, not what visa i need...
Since you ask for a "plain English" response, here y'go: you must have the proper visa in order to live/work in the US. It's that simple. If you don't want information about the visa... well, I'm afraid there's no hope for you at all.

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't quite understand why you don't want to know what visa you'll need, since THAT is your starting point in moving to the USA to be with your loved one. Having a child together does NOT help you move, and only adds to the number of people in the household that she'll have to claim on the affidavit of support.

In plain English, you either need to get a K-1 visa (which allows you to come to the USA, marry within 90 days, then apply for your green card) or get a spouse Immigrant Visa (which means you marry first, THEN do the visa process while you wait outside the USA, then you get your green card when you enter the USA using the Immigrant Visa).

Both the K-1 and Immigrant Visa take about 8 - 10 months to process overall. You cannot move to the USA before having one of these visas in hand. You can still visit on the VWP if you are eligible, or try to get a B-2 visa if not eligible for the VWP (difficult).

Read through this Wiki Guide, talk to your girlfriend, and see which one makes sense for you guys. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Compar...ge-based_visas

My advice is not to bring a child into the picture until you yourself are settled in the USA...immigration is stressful enough...no need to add a pregnancy on top of that stress.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You wonder what sort of job he could get that would support a wife and 4 children....