Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

want to move husband to USA...help!!

Wikiposts

want to move husband to USA...help!!

Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

lexelf is an unknown quantity at this point

ALRIGHT!!!! I FINALLY found an e-mail address, ([email protected]) to bombard with questions...whew. I just hope they're the right people to bombard :/

at any rate, I'm going to BEG hubby to plan on moving back around jan-march...that way i can still apply to universities and get jobs and find an appartment and all that good stuff before term starts.

also, this gives him time to get his immunizations up to date...

the hepititus b shot takes 6 months in all, so i'm wondering if we can start that here and finish it in the USA, or if it HAS to be done in the UK....we'll start that now. as for the rest, when should he start the rest of his jabs??

I'm giving it a small rest and printed test copies of all the forms we'll need and trying to piece together how they need to be sent out...i'm still not clear on what support form i need to fill out and when/where to send it....any ideas??

i'll get hubby to order his police thingie this week and...go from there.

thank you ALL for being so helpful 8 hours straight on this damn computer and i feel well accomplished

-alexis
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lexelf
I have...unfortunately, DCF isn't an "official term" that they use at the us embassy, therefor they don't seem to mention it at all!!!

-lex

You're a member of Expats. Go to the root post with my name at the top of the forum. You can see by the subject line that is a "helpful link" post.

Go the URL for AOS Interviews.

Click on DCF at the top of the page and read how others did the DCF in the UK

And for what it is worth ... DCF is the layman's term for the process. It is not an official term.

Rete

PS Do yourself a favor ... .slow DOWN
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:01 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do i need to prove support??

Originally posted by Rete
No it isn't Juliet. The I-129F is also used for the K-3 until they come up with a new form.

Rete
Oops. I guess I misinterpretted that because I thought the "f" at the end was for fiance(e). Thanks for the correction Rete

Juliet
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

PS Do yourself a favor ... .slow DOWN
slow down?! NOOOO i want to go back home *LOL* i've been trying DESPERATELY to slow down...but i can't until i have alllll the facts. i'm one of those types :/

at any rate, i've got it all figured out. one thing at a time, and we'll be fine. i'm confident we can do this

does hubby need the police certs if he's only ever lived in the uk??

yes yes, i'm trying to quit....it's like an addiction!!! I CAN'T WAIT

-alexis
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:20 am
Cor

Default Re: want to move husband to USA...help!!

lexelf <[email protected]> writes:

>Originally posted by Gasherjohn

>> Welcome to the bureacratic jungle of American immigration

>> Try that google search link I posted earlier in this thread.

>> John

>I have...unfortunately, DCF isn't an "official term" that they use at
    >the us embassy, therefor they don't seem to mention it at all!!!

Hi, DCF is basically where you file your I-130 in London instead of in the US.
Most consulates do that, and London is no exception. I have no first hand
experience but ive read quite often that this is much much preferable over
filing your I-130 in the US.

The procedure is explained in:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i130filing.htm

The actual form:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...orms/i-130.htm
At the bottom you see a Download link.

Download the forms and read em. They have a lot of extra information.

Also, google for DCF/London/experience or whatever.

Cor

Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:25 am
Cor

lexelf <[email protected]> writes:

>*L* i understand...i've been at it for 8 hours straight now and can't
    >seem to stop...i just want to get this over and done with as fast as
    >possible, and i'm afraid if i take a break i'll forget everything *L*

You know, Id take it easy if I were you. It doesnt matter how fast you go
about it now. The process will take weeks, if not months. No matter how
fast you go now.

It's much more important you take it slow and accurate.

Cor

Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Ohhh everyone's misunderstanding me!!! I don't want to leave the country RIGHT NOW....I'm trying to gather all the facts and make sure we get everything right so we can leave the country within the next 8 months or so.

I have page after page of information written down that I need to sort through before I even BEGIN to think about applying for anything...

So rest assured, I'm not actually doing this JUST to speed my way back to the USA....I'm going quickly because A: I have nothing else to do (I wish i were joking...) and B: I want to get this right, compile all the facts, and deal with them accordingly.

I seem to have all the information I need, but the AOS still bothers me. Yes Rete, I saw that link, and it didn't tell me what I needed to know in the first place. Also, a lot of the links are either outdated or just plain don't work anymore.

I understand the forms get sent to us and we sign them in front of the desk and what not....

what I don't understand is the joint sponser. It says on one of rete's sites that it can't be notorized by a foreign entity...I'm assuming they mean just our portion.

Also, since our cosponser is in the USA, which forms do they fill out?? Do we just make photocopies of the ones sent to us and send it to the joint sponsors for them to fill out and send back??

Thank you again for all the wonderful help

-lex
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you talked to your parents about sponsering your Husband? They will need to sign a paper saying they are financially responible for him for 40 quartes of work.

I think this is the case.

That paper is apparently a huge deal and has caused many here problems but if your parents have agreed it should not be a problem.

Looks like you are on the right track!

Good luck.

Last edited by Aliluv; Sep 15th 2003 at 6:19 am.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lexelf
I seem to have all the information I need, but the AOS still bothers me. Yes Rete, I saw that link, and it didn't tell me what I needed to know in the first place. Also, a lot of the links are either outdated or just plain don't work anymore.

I-lex

Don't know where you were looking but I just accessed each and every one of the links. There are none that are not working. As for outdated the only outdated one is the K1exit.com site and that is outdated only in terms of fees not in terms of information.

The AOS DCF link has much good information but hell, you been there, looked at it, found it uninformative.

Good Luck

Rete
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:16 am
Denis

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:19:43 +0000, Gasherjohn
<[email protected]> wrote:

>How did my last post appear before the post I was replying to???
    >Maybe I should have kept that mouth closed!!!
    >John

I guess that's just life John! That is one of my favorite taglines,
another one is :-

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Regards

Denis

Old Sep 15th 2003, 8:07 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT Proverbs

Originally posted by Denis
I guess that's just life John! That is one of my favorite taglines,
another one is :-

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Regards

Denis
I am doing the former but not the latter.

One of my favourite modified proverbs is:
People in glasshouses shouldn't
Old Sep 15th 2003, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Don't know where you were looking but I just accessed each and every one of the links. There are none that are not working. As for outdated the only outdated one is the K1exit.com site and that is outdated only in terms of fees not in terms of information.

The AOS DCF link has much good information but hell, you been there, looked at it, found it uninformative.

Good Luck

Rete
calm down Rete, I'm not attacking you...there is no threat to be found here...so caaaallllmmmm yourself.

It could be this computer also. If sites take too long to download it basically gets too tired and gives up

and I didn't say they were uninformative, I said I didn't find the answers to the questions I was looking for.

Ok, now that that's out of the way

Yes, my parents have agreed to sponsor my darlin' hubby

Aliluv--could you provide more info on the papers they need to be signing and worrying about?? I know we get an I-864 that we sign in front of the interview type people, but do we get a seperate form for joint sponsors or do we just send them a photocopy of this form??

That's my major hurtle to get over right now is understand that bit COMPLETELY

Again Rete, sorry if I made you feel threatened

-alexis
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:20 am
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering--would a UKC with a greencard just arrived in the US get charged the overseas student rate to study at a US university, or as a home student?

Btw no need to worry about AOS. Forget it. You don't need to do that with DCF.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:30 am
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

Not sure about everywhere, but I do know that in Texas at least you have to live in the state for a year before starting school before you get charged in-state tuition. Otherwise, it's international the whole way.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:53 am
Concierge

Again Rete, sorry if I made you feel threatened

-alexis [/QUOTE]

Threatened? Thank you so much for the Tuesday morning laugh. Much appreciated, young lady ;-)

Rete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.