Wikiposts

Want to check K1 Docs

Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Want to check K1 Docs

Alright so the worst weather to hit us in 30 years, major travel and flight disruption, and I have my interview on Friday. ANyway I'm travelling over tomorrow evening to make sure I'm there on time, so god willing and the snow having been dealt with on major routes, hope to get there all in one piece.

Oh and having to do it with a dislocated knee. Had an eventful journey back from LA on Sunday, Virgin were stars, got an upgrade to premium, ice pack for knee (but that's for another day lol!).

So I've gathered all my bits together and wondered if you good folks would cast an eye over it and see if there is something glaringly missing. Here goes:

Evidence to go along with I134:
    Letter from employer, plus 3 months pay statements (Oct/Nov/Dec 09).
    Last 12 months statements from Bank of America (current account).
    Validation of Deposit from Federal Credit Union (investment account).
    W2's from 2007 and 2008 (he's still working on 2009).

Evidence of ongoing relationship:
    Flight tickets and boarding passes - September 09 and December 09 plus going back further if they wanted.
    Copy of yahoo chat (our daily calls) going back to August 09.
    Copy of my mobile bill with text messages to M. highlighted.
    Copy of my at work email history screen with lots of email from M.
    Some pics of us at the Rose Parade in Pasadena last Friday.

I know I need to get a couple of US passport pics. So what do ya think. Have I covered it all!!????

I'm sore and exhausted and not just a little stressed - I'm chewing Rescue Remedy pastilles like sweets lol!!

Thanks in anti ..................................cipation!
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
    Default Re: Want to check K1 Docs

Originally Posted by MandyNi
    W2's from 2007 and 2008 (he's still working on 2009).
    You mention W2's, but don't mention the actual tax return. Do you have it?

Rene
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:06 am
    BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

You have the W'2s which are good, but what about the actual tax returns?

Normally theres 2 parts to a tax return, the return itself and the W2's. Unless you get a transcript which its all just included together.

One thing the I-134 asks for is a letter from the bank with: date account opened, total deposited in last 12 months and current balance.

Dont forget to have a copy EVERYTHING that goes with the I-134.

and relax, the interview really isnt that bad at all!
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:12 am
    BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I have a TurboTax 2007 and 2006 Federal Tax Return Summary (even back in 2006 he could afford me lol) don't have the 2008 because with all the move to California that's misplaced somewhere in the paper mountain.

Would I need to include them and copy the whole darn things?

The Bank of America letter didn't make it to me on time (unless I get an electronic version from M. tonight or tomorrow am) but the Verification of Deposit from the CU states date opened for all 3 accounts (Prime Shares, Checking, IRA something or other) and has $XX,XXX dollars balance plus his salary is acknowledged as $XXX,XXX so clearly he's way above poverty.

Ya think they'll look for more, the Embassy web says "two or more of the following" which tax stuff being noted as just one element?

Oh and I have a copy of everything included so they can keep the one I give them - is that sufficient Pepsi!?

Last edited by MandyNi; Jan 6th 2010 at 9:15 am.
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:14 am
    BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

I have a TurboTax 2007 and 2006 Federal Tax Return Summary (even back in 2006 he could afford me lol) don't have the 2008 because with all the move to California that's misplaced somewhere in the paper mountain.

The Bank of America letter didn't make it to me on time (unless I get an electronic version from M. tonight or tomorrow am) but the Verification of Deposit from the CU states date opened for all 3 accounts (Prime Shares, Checking, IRA something or other) and has $XX,XXX dollars balance plus his salary is acknowledged as $XXX.XXX so clearly he's way above poverty.

Ya think they'll look for more, the Embassy web says "two or more of the following" which tax stuff being noted as just one element?
    yes you need all parts of the tax return and you definatly need the most recent tax return which would be 2008, get him to call the IRS and get the Tax Return transcript sent ASAP! He could actually get one for 2006, 2007 and 2008 and they'd all arrive at the same time. though it could take 2 weeks for him to get. He could then fax it to you.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...110571,00.html
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:25 am
    BE Enthusiast

Ah bugger, well guess I'll have to go without. It does make me angry though that you go to all this bother when you know some people have only been asked to show employers letter and pay slips!

Guess I'll not be getting it all sorted on Friday then
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You need one of two things:

1. An official IRS transcript of the tax return(s), especially 2008; or
    2. A photocopy of every page of the Federal tax return (including W2), not just the summary page.

I don't know what's currently required...the most recent tax return only, or the most recent 3 years....but I am quite certain 2008 will be needed. He needs to either find his copy and photocopy it all for you, or contact IRS to get an official transcript.

Rene
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:33 am
    BE Enthusiast

Well that's not going to happen by Friday. I'm so upset because he knew we needed this so long ago, and whilst I understand he's been under a lot of stress with the move and work, he procrastinated on this right up to the night before I left LA.

I just don't need this additional stress.
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:38 am

Well that's not going to happen by Friday. I'm so upset because he knew we needed this so long ago, and whilst I understand he's been under a lot of stress with the move and work, he procrastinated on this right up to the night before I left LA.

I just don't need this additional stress.
    Don't stress

Who knows, maybe you'll get a sympathetic ConOff who waives the tax return. But if not, she will just give you a notice that she needs it, and will give you time to return it to her, then she can approve the visa.

I guess I'm saying it won't cause an outright visa denial. I certainly do understand your frustration, though.

Rene
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:45 am
    BE Enthusiast

THanks Rene, I know that's probably what could happen but what with the weather, dislocated knee, and jet lag I'm just more than a little emotional at the moment.
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:26 am
    BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

*big hugs* dont get stressed you need a clear head for the interview.

Anything they will want to see that you dont have they will give you a slip of paper which you send back to them with any documents they ask for.

It'll be ok!
    Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:29 am
    BE Enthusiast

Thanks PC, I'm kind of resigned to not getting ok'd on the day now to be honest which just leave me feeling somewhat flat at the moment!
    Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:08 am
    BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

I have everything crossed for you and I'm sending you a huge hug - I think you need it along with a little luck. All the best for tomorrow
    Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ah bugger, well guess I'll have to go without. It does make me angry though that you go to all this bother when you know some people have only been asked to show employers letter and pay slips!

Guess I'll not be getting it all sorted on Friday then
    Drat, too late to give you encouragement, Mandy, but I hope you come back with good news!
    Just because we offer the most conservative number of forms to take doesn't mean that people can't/don't get approved without them.
    Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:02 am
    BE Enthusiast

Well just to add to this thread it was good news!

Actually with the I134, the only document they asked for was tax returns, I didn't have 2008 which would have been the most recent, but had W2 and complete tax return for 2007. M. could afford me just as easily then so perhaps that, and the fact that he has a government job meant they were satisfied! In any case - I got the OK!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.