Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

walking in and getting EAD/AP in Baltimore

walking in and getting EAD/AP in Baltimore

Old Jan 30th 2004, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default walking in and getting EAD/AP in Baltimore

Hiya =)

My 90 days is up tomorrow and still no sign of my EAD... I contacted my congressman and got a letter back stating that he had spoken to Vermont and it would be another 2-4 weeks... as I already have a job offer subject to me getting it soon and them finalising a contract, can I just walk into Baltimore and get one same day after the 90 days with no issues?? I am guessing I take a copy of the receipt, a copy of the original application, and proof of id...anything else I need to take??

If you have done this at Baltimore, what time did you get there... ie should I get there really early to avoid the queue... I also want to hopefully get AP sorted while I am there as well in one visit so that we can go and visit my family later this year.

Thanks in advance,
Lee
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Re: walking in and getting EAD/AP in Baltimore

anyone please? =)
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:07 am
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leebarton
anyone please? =)
Well for the AP part, just be sure to have a specific date in mind for travel, or they may not give you AP. At least that was our experience -- Clem wanted to apply for AP last year but they told him he would need a specific date of travel.

We've only gone there for pre-scheduled appointments (AOS and EAD), so I'm not sure about the time to arrive, sorry... good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya =)

My 90 days is up tomorrow and still no sign of my EAD... I contacted my congressman and got a letter back stating that he had spoken to Vermont and it would be another 2-4 weeks... as I already have a job offer subject to me getting it soon and them finalising a contract, can I just walk into Baltimore and get one same day after the 90 days with no issues?? I am guessing I take a copy of the receipt, a copy of the original application, and proof of id...anything else I need to take??

If you have done this at Baltimore, what time did you get there... ie should I get there really early to avoid the queue... I also want to hopefully get AP sorted while I am there as well in one visit so that we can go and visit my family later this year.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

When I went, my EAD Interview letter was for the Tuesday before... so I was exactly a week to the day late when I went to see the folks at CIS... I went early in the morning since I was hoping to catch them on their good side, considering it was a late "show up" for the EAD card. I didn't need to be there that early since no one really hassled me about the tardiness. If you want to avoid the queue and get in and out ASAP... then of course go early. They open @ 7:30AM. As for AP, I had originally mailed it to VSC with my EAD and AOS apps so while I was there for EAD, I had them look up the status of the AP app as well... and they processed both of them simultaneously so soon after I had my picture and signature taken for my EAD, I was also called for my AP. I'm sure they could've turned me down for AP as they did Clem, but considering they already cashed my check, I would really have a case to get it that day, which I did.

Not sure if that helped...

Good Luck Lee!

Ian
Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

kenny803 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking the same. I sent my AOS package to VSC on 10/14/03 and have my AOS interview on 3/16/04 but still nothing to report on EAD. I will probably wait another week before I stop at the Baltimore office.

All the best on your EAD

When is your AOS interview?

anyone please? =)
Old Jan 31st 2004, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I have heard nothing yet since the receipt for AOS or EAD dated Oct 30th last year... I really wasn't expecting the AOS interview for another year+ yet going on recent Vermont dates for dealing with I-485.

Hopefully will go in this week and receive my EAD at least, and if we can figure some dates will get AP too.. I didnt send it to Vermont originally as I was planning on doing it face to face at baltimore all the way along.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Did you not get a notice saying your file is being transfered to Baltimore. Based on filing date of late October 2003, you should have received notice for fingerprinting and AOS interview by now.

Please do a online status check of your application using your receipt number.

I have heard nothing yet since the receipt for AOS or EAD dated Oct 30th last year... I really wasn't expecting the AOS interview for another year+ yet going on recent Vermont dates for dealing with I-485.

Hopefully will go in this week and receive my EAD at least, and if we can figure some dates will get AP too.. I didnt send it to Vermont originally as I was planning on doing it face to face at baltimore all the way along. [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by kenny803
Did you not get a notice saying your file is being transfered to Baltimore. Based on filing date of late October 2003, you should have received notice for fingerprinting and AOS interview by now.

Please do a online status check of your application using your receipt number.

Hopefully will go in this week and receive my EAD at least, and if we can figure some dates will get AP too.. I didnt send it to Vermont originally as I was planning on doing it face to face at baltimore all the way along.
[/QUOTE]

Nope I have had no notice saying my case has been transferred to Baltimore, and online it still says we have received yoru application and 60-90 days....

Lee
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

My answer was based on my assumption that you are a resident of maryland and your spouse is a US citizen. If my assumptions are true then you need to find why there is a delay in transfering your file to Baltimore. Did INS cash your check?
Nope I have had no notice saying my case has been transferred to Baltimore, and online it still says we have received yoru application and 60-90 days....

Lee [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by kenny803
My answer was based on my assumption that you are a resident of maryland and your spouse is a US citizen. If my assumptions are true then you need to find why there is a delay in transfering your file to Baltimore. Did INS cash your check?

Lee
[/QUOTE]

I just checked with the (dis)information line =P Yes the check was cashed last October, and they confirmed that nothing has been sent on to Baltimore and they are currently dealing with applications from Oct 1st. They said as I had a job offer and needed it to go to Baltimore and get an interim one and I should get the real thing in 4-6 weeks... so that will be around 5-6 months overall
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Lee,

Keep us posted about your interim EAD experience. I think during your visit to the INS office you need check whether your files got transfered to Baltimore office.

I just checked with the (dis)information line =P Yes the check was cashed last October, and they confirmed that nothing has been sent on to Baltimore and they are currently dealing with applications from Oct 1st. They said as I had a job offer and needed it to go to Baltimore and get an interim one and I should get the real thing in 4-6 weeks... so that will be around 5-6 months overall [/QUOTE]