Wikiposts

Waiver for a K1

Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

mattydowd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiver for a K1

HI there,
posted on another forum but I think it was the wrong one! I just wanted to clarify that if I have a year left on my 2 year home residency(i am now back in Britain and have been for a year) that I can not apply or be given a k1 visa untill this time is up, unless I am granted a J1 visa waiver?is this true, or ave I been wasting time?!
any help would be great please!
matt

ps, not just be granted a k1 visa, but be able to go out and marry my fiancee before the 2yHRR is up?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiver for a K1

Originally Posted by mattydowd
HI there,
posted on another forum but I think it was the wrong one! I just wanted to clarify that if I have a year left on my 2 year home residency(i am now back in Britain and have been for a year) that I can not apply or be given a k1 visa untill this time is up, unless I am granted a J1 visa waiver?is this true, or ave I been wasting time?!
any help would be great please!
matt

ps, not just be granted a k1 visa, but be able to go out and marry my fiancee before the 2yHRR is up?
To my knowledge, you can still *apply* for the K-1 while you are waiting for the HRR to be up, but you cannot go out and use the K-1 to marry your fiance until the HRR is finished. It takes about 8 to 10 months to process the whole K-1 visa, and then you have 6 months to use it, so by the time you actually receive the visa you should be eligible to use it, if you've applied about a year before your HRR is finished.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiver for a K1

The way I understand it, the Consulate will not *issue* a K-1 visa to you until you have completed your 2 year HRR.

You can begin the petition and application before that (maybe even interview) but they will not issue until your time is up.