Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Waiting for my egyptian husband's visa/fingerprint clearance

Wikiposts

Waiting for my egyptian husband's visa/fingerprint clearance

Old Nov 24th 2003, 7:54 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FBI Press release regarding name check

Originally posted by egipto26
one website where they mention "list of 26" countries that have to go for extra check is an immigration website www.simmonsungar.com/news/newrules_nonimm.html
it says there that all males btw 16-45 need the "condor check"
there is also info about the consular CLASS database- i guess this is where they enter the person's name to see if there is a hit.

I guess I still don't understand exactly what phase this is done at. I thought that was all done at the NVC, before the petition is forwarded to the consulation.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
I guess I still don't understand exactly what phase this is done at. I thought that was all done at the NVC, before the petition is forwarded to the consulation.
Leslie,

I'm learning quickly one has to be able to "go with the flow" or you'll go absolutely nuts.

I've been frequenting this NG since April and no one to my knowledge has definitely answered what is done in New Hampshire vs. what is done at the Consulate post. My personal observation is that each case is handled individually and uniquely.

I suppose they have to make it thick as mud or abuse would be even more rampant as folks could easily figure out how to "beat the system".

Hang in there...we're almost through this phase!

Patty Khadijah
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

IMhp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
It's been 3 week since they took finger prints but when I called FBI, they still have not received anything. I called DOS and they don't say anything other then the status of "waiting for finger print clearance". How long have you been waiting for FBI to receive finger prints? Did you get any responce from DOS?

Thanks

Originally posted by egipto26
hi i just called the fbi tel. number to check on the status of my husband's fingerprints. they had no records of them being processed there. so i guess they are still with the department of state. the customer service rep. told me to just get in touch with the consulate so that they can give me info. on who to call in the dept. of state. but i won't email the consulate again as they just told me to wait and that they dont have any jurisdiction over the fingerprints once they are sent to the dept. of state.... so more waiting for me...
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

egipto26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi IMhp and everyone, here is an update.

I called DOS again today. It has been over 4 weeks since my habibi had his fingerprints. Well, I was on hold for 50 minutes or so, someone answered, then after I said I'd like to check the status of my husband's fingerprints (which I was told byt the consulate that they were sent there), she put me on hold for like 20 min., disappeared so I hung up and just called the FBI once more just to see if they have a different story.

Well to my surprise the Rep. said my husband's fingerprints clearance was finished and sent to the NVC on November 24!

Ok, so here are my questions--- what is the NVC? Since I applied for Direct Consular Filing (sent my petition in July 8 of this year) and my husband already had the interview in Cairo in October....so we have done everything directly with the consulate in Egypt and I have no idea what is the process at NVC-Natl Visa Center... Is this where they print visas or is this just another place were he will be subjected to more checks??

Imhp--I had called the FBI again about 2 weeks ago and back then they said they had no record of my husband's clearance, but today Dec.2 they just said they cleared..so I guess maybe ur wife's prints are still at the Dept of State and will be forwarded to the FBI fingerprint division shortly..I hope so..just hang in there.

Originally posted by IMhp
Hi,
It's been 3 week since they took finger prints but when I called FBI, they still have not received anything. I called DOS and they don't say anything other then the status of "waiting for finger print clearance". How long have you been waiting for FBI to receive finger prints? Did you get any responce from DOS?

Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:14 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Egipto,
I don't know what's supposed to happen, but this sounds wacko to me. Call the FBI again and ask them why they sent the results of the fingerprints to the NVC when you are doing DCF. And I guess you should give the NVC a call too to find out what they did with the results since you have no case at the NVC. Their number is 603 334-0700. Call, press 1 then 5. If the system tells you to go back to the automated system, just hang up and call back later until you get a message saying that your call will be answered in x amount of minutes. Call between 6:30 and *:30 pm for the best chance to speak to someone (or 8 am).
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Heba thanks for the info. I called the FBI again and I got the same lady I spoke with the first time. She didnt know what DCF was anyway. I explained but she said it doesnt matter. She said that they sent the completed fingerprints to the NVC and that the NVC will then forward the file to the consulate.

I will call NVC later tonight. I hope that this process will be over with soon.. I better be patient..I hope the NVC will be informative when I give them a call later on...

I will send an email to the consulate now just to let them know that the FBI sent his completed fingerprints to NVC...

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Egipto,
I don't know what's supposed to happen, but this sounds wacko to me. Call the FBI again and ask them why they sent the results of the fingerprints to the NVC when you are doing DCF. And I guess you should give the NVC a call too to find out what they did with the results since you have no case at the NVC. Their number is 603 334-0700. Call, press 1 then 5. If the system tells you to go back to the automated system, just hang up and call back later until you get a message saying that your call will be answered in x amount of minutes. Call between 6:30 and *:30 pm for the best chance to speak to someone (or 8 am).
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Good to hear that it only takes 4 week to reach and cleared from FBI. You will get good reply from NVC as per my experince. I did K3 by filing 129-F and our file was sent to NVC and from there it was sent to consulate. The main purpose is to prepare the file for consulate and send it electronically to consulate.

Yes, DOS was no help. I will call FBI again next week. Let us know what do you hear from NVC.

Good luck~!

HP
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

hi all,
I got an email from the consulate in Cairo today. They acknowledged that yes, they received my husband's cleared
fingerprint results from the NVC, BUT then they told me that
he is also waiting for another security check at the Dept. of State
which hasn't cleared yet!!!! They said they send the request by cable a day after the interview, but they never told me about this!!! Since day 1 they said that as soon as they receive my husband's fingerprint clearance they will issue the visa.

I just wrote them back thanking them for the info., but that I was never told of the other clearance request and that if I would have known I'd have to wait longer I'd would have bought my ticket to see him again this month. I was just frustrated, but I tried to be as nice as possible!

Oh well so I guess I just have to wait. I won't call Dept of State again and be put on hold for so long again..no way..at least not today. By the way, they never told me how long this other security check would take. I hope they answer my email soon...

Good to hear that it only takes 4 week to reach and cleared from FBI. You will get good reply from NVC as per my experince. I did K3 by filing 129-F and our file was sent to NVC and from there it was sent to consulate. The main purpose is to prepare the file for consulate and send it electronically to consulate.

Yes, DOS was no help. I will call FBI again next week. Let us know what do you hear from NVC.

Good luck~!

HP
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

I completely understand your position. I am under similar situation. Not sure if I should go to visit my spouse or wait as it might only take 1 month.

My wife was given a letter saying waiting for finger print clearnace and that's it. I am not sure if they are also doing some other check at DOS. It's hard to get any reply from Mumbai consulates that explains complete process. FBI has still not received her finger prints. From my conversation with FBI operator, I learned that it only takes 24 hours for them to check finger print clearnce. Majority of time is spend between sending from consulate to (NVC/DOS/???) FBI.

Did your spouse received any letter from consulate stating what kind of check he is going through?

Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

hi IMhp
No my husband never received a letter about what exactly needed to be done. the consulate just called
us to come in so he can take the fingerprints. before the interview he was never even sent an interview letter, just a phone call letting him know when to come in for the interview! the only thing we have is the receipt stating he payed $85 for the fingerprints and the emails from the consulate.
at least now i think that the other security check we r waiting for at DOS is b/c of a name check or because he is from Egypt, one of the countries they require extra checks on.
i think u should wait a little bit before u visit her since chances seems high that in a couple of weeks her fingerprint clearance will be over. i hope so. i only have a couple of days before i decide to buy a ticket to egypt. if for any reason i buy it and then i have to cancel it then there is a $300 cancellation fee...
but if the security check will take longer (if months) then late dec/jan is the only time i can visit him until the summer. so i have to make a decision soon...

I completely understand your position. I am under similar situation. Not sure if I should go to visit my spouse or wait as it might only take 1 month.

My wife was given a letter saying waiting for finger print clearnace and that's it. I am not sure if they are also doing some other check at DOS. It's hard to get any reply from Mumbai consulates that explains complete process. FBI has still not received her finger prints. From my conversation with FBI operator, I learned that it only takes 24 hours for them to check finger print clearnce. Majority of time is spend between sending from consulate to (NVC/DOS/???) FBI.

Did your spouse received any letter from consulate stating what kind of check he is going through?

Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi Egipto,
I thought I will update your on my situation and findout if your process moved any further. I foundout from calling FBI that they have cleared my wife's finger prints on 11th Dec and send back to visa office. I am not sure where is that and how long it takes for them to forward it to consulate. I am not sure if we require any other checks.

Did they finished all the checks for you guys and send it back to consulate yet? Hope they did...

Let me know...

Thanks
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Egipto,
we are waiting on fingerprints also, have found out they cleared the FBI on 12/05 and were sent to NVC...i called NVC and they said their only job with fingerprints is to send them back to the consulate...they don't even log in the prints...

the consulate as of today has received our prints...so i guess the NVC was telling the truth
Old Dec 18th 2003, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Interesting, when I called NVC, they would not even tell me if they have received prints from FBI. Did you call 603 334 0700, option 1 -2 for K3 visa?

I can't get any answer from Mumbai consulate on this so I am not sure what's going on. Did you get another interview call after your prints got back?

Thanks

Originally posted by cmstrick
we are waiting on fingerprints also, have found out they cleared the FBI on 12/05 and were sent to NVC...i called NVC and they said their only job with fingerprints is to send them back to the consulate...they don't even log in the prints...

the consulate as of today has received our prints...so i guess the NVC was telling the truth
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Good News!

Finally we got K3 visa from Mumbai consulate.

We got our finger print clearance from FBI in about 5 weeks. It took 2 weeks for it to get to mumbai once it got approved on 12/11. We got letter from consulate on 12/22 asking to come and collect visa. After couple of attempt, we got it today. There was no more questions asked. Just asked to come back in the afternoon and collect it.

All went fine. In short, if you are waiting for only finger print clearance, it takes 4-6 weeks.

Good luck to all.

Thanks

Interesting, when I called NVC, they would not even tell me if they have received prints from FBI. Did you call 603 334 0700, option 1 -2 for K3 visa?

I can't get any answer from Mumbai consulate on this so I am not sure what's going on. Did you get another interview call after your prints got back?

Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! Well Done!!

This is a great day for visa getting. My husband got his K3 and Mr Pink got his K1.

Good News!

Finally we got K3 visa from Mumbai consulate.

We got our finger print clearance from FBI in about 5 weeks. It took 2 weeks for it to get to mumbai once it got approved on 12/11. We got letter from consulate on 12/22 asking to come and collect visa. After couple of attempt, we got it today. There was no more questions asked. Just asked to come back in the afternoon and collect it.

All went fine. In short, if you are waiting for only finger print clearance, it takes 4-6 weeks.

Good luck to all.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.