Wikiposts

waiting game i130

Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:46 am
Just Joined

davidmatthewpittaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default waiting game i130

first my visa application was stuck in the waiting to be processed now i see its

update my visa has moved to
Request for Evidence

On April 10, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at

what info would they need
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waiting game i130

Originally Posted by davidmatthewpittaway
first my visa application was stuck in the waiting to be processed
Was it really stuck? How long did it take to get this RFE?

There is absolutely no way of knowing until you receive the RFE in the mail. It could be anything. Look over the contents of the I-130 package, and compare it with the I-130 instructions, and see what you might have overlooked. Also, it could be a matter of something falling out of the envelope at USCIS, missing by the time someone reviewed the case.

Whatever it is, just return it by the deadline and processing will resume on the I-130.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Was it really stuck? How long did it take to get this RFE?

There is absolutely no way of knowing until you receive the RFE in the mail. It could be anything. Look over the contents of the I-130 package, and compare it with the I-130 instructions, and see what you might have overlooked. Also, it could be a matter of something falling out of the envelope at USCIS, missing by the time someone reviewed the case.

Whatever it is, just return it by the deadline and processing will resume on the I-130.

Rene
well my wife and i sent the forms of july 18th 2011 checked on it bettween march 2012 we have been waiting for it to move to descion we contacted them 3 times via phone and was told to basicly be paitent and ow its where it is waiting for eveidence,

my wife is in calfornia now waiting for the letter

how long from sending the evidence to them completeing it
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

well my wife and i sent the forms of july 18th 2011 ..
Wow, almost 9 months just for the I-130 approval? That IS an unusually long time.

how long from sending the evidence to them completeing it
There's no way of knowing. But since you've been waiting so long already, hopefully it won't be too much longer after you return the RFE.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:53 am
Just Joined

just getting tired of waiting and was under the impression that it should of been complete by now, im normal paitent when it comes to waiting.

as for 9 months were giving information that the reason it taking so long is to do with the a lot of applications coming through when we sent it in and also a problem at the office in vermont sent the work to the other offices weather any of thats true not sure
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:21 am

just getting tired of waiting and was under the impression that it should of been complete by now, im normal paitent when it comes to waiting.

as for 9 months were giving information that the reason it taking so long is to do with the a lot of applications coming through when we sent it in and also a problem at the office in vermont sent the work to the other offices weather any of thats true not sure
Yeah, a typical I-130 gets processed in about 5 - 6 months, so yours has been extra long. Sorry to hear that.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:47 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification: This is not a visa application, it's a prerequisite for a visa application. The visa cannot be applied for until after the I-130 petition has been approved.

Regards, JEff

first my visa application was stuck in the waiting to be processed now i see its

update my visa has moved to
Request for Evidence

On April 10, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at

Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

In another post you said that you were living in Sacramento when you submitted the application. Might this have something to do with the long delay?

I thought you had to be out of the US to submit an I-130?

Were you in the US on another visa at the time?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

???

The vast majority of I-130 petitions are submitted by petitioners who are living in the USA. (Where the benficiary is living, or where the petitioner and benficiary happen to be when the I-130 package is sent off, is not material.)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:40 am

In another post you said that you were living in Sacramento when you submitted the application. Might this have something to do with the long delay?

Were you in the US on another visa at the time?
The USC always files the I-130 to the USA, unless the USC is living outside the USA and qualifies to file it directly to a USCIS field office overseas.

It doesn't matter were the intending immigrant physically is, at the time the I-130 is filed.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The USC always files the I-130 to the USA, unless the USC is living outside the USA and qualifies to file it directly to a USCIS field office overseas.

It doesn't matter were the intending immigrant physically is, at the time the I-130 is filed.

Rene
....but presumably the intending immigrant (if he/she does not have any other relevant visa) cannot live in the US while waiting for the I-130 to be approved?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:16 am

That's a different issue entirely from where the beneficiary "ha[s] to be" for the petitioner to submit the petition.

Regards, JEff

....but presumably the intending immigrant (if he/she does not have any other relevant visa) cannot live in the US while waiting for the I-130 to be approved?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:47 am

Correct. They can only visit, not live.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

well i say i was living but only visting there but i call where my wife lives is home now but at the momment im in engand i have been back and forth 2 to 3 times
for vists

we got the letter they need more pictures more proof we are a couple ie emails and on line chat etc
Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:28 am

well i say i was living but only visting there but i call where my wife lives is home now but at the momment im in engand i have been back and forth 2 to 3 times
for vists

we got the letter they need more pictures more proof we are a couple ie emails and on line chat etc
What proof was sent with the I-130?

Did the RFE mention emails and online chats specifically?

Usually the "proof of bonafide relationship" includes stronger things than emails and online chats. It could be things like joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, joint lease/rent/mortage, joint utility bills, joint insurance (health, car), tax returns showing filed "married" (I would go ahead and include 2011 tax return showing filed "married"), wills, paperwork showing spouse is beneficiary of life insurance, 401K, investments, etc.

After almost a year of marriage, you should have a few of the items above by now.

If you tell us what proof was sent with the I-130 already, we can help figure out some better proof to send now, rather than just emails and chats.

Rene