Wikiposts

Wait time for CR-1

Old Nov 2nd 2018, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Davidiangareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wait time for CR-1

Hello,

just had my application approved by the NVC, they now say they will liaise with embassy in London to arrange interview, does anyone have any idea the wait time? Been to the website and can only find non-immigrant wait times

any help would be wonderful
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 12:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wait time?

You had what petition approved by the NVC. If your petition went through NVC is it an immediate relative visa, perhaps?

There are many visas out there and timelines vary on all of them. Good information brings good advice.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 12:50 am
Just Joined

I believe it’s the CR-1 visa, green card through marriage
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 1:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That is the immediate relative visa and the designation CR is for conditional resident meaning that your arrival at the POE is before your second wedding anniversary you will be a conditional resident and your green card and privileges will expire in two years from date of entry. You need to then file for removal of conditions with the 90 days expiration of the card to stay in status, etc.

As your post is marriage based I am asking your thread to be transferred to the proper forum ... us marriage-based visa forum.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks I know all of that and wasn’t my question, was wanting to know how long to expect to hear from the US embassy in London for my interview, 2 days 7 days 6 months etc
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 3:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wait time for CR-1

Based on a recent post, it can be about 4 months from NVC "case complete" to getting visa in hand:

Questions about the Medical and Interview

Rene
Old Nov 5th 2018, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Based on a recent post, it can be about 4 months from NVC "case complete" to getting visa in hand:

Questions about the Medical and Interview

Rene
Rene, I think there is a little confusion - the OP is talking about the timeframe between 'case complete' and next contact from the embassy, but the four months you have quoted (and linked) was my timeline between the NVC receiving my documents and having the visa in hand. The forum member I was responding to on that thread was at a different stage in her journey than Davidingareth. Between the current stage of Davidingareth's journey and estimated 'visa in hand' stage, if comparing to my timeline, I think we're looking at something closer to two months.

OP, between 'case complete' and receiving an my interview appointment, I waited eight days. Your miles may vary, of course.

Last edited by KK85; Nov 5th 2018 at 12:35 am.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 11:51 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Timelines are extending under Trump. While you may hear when the date of the interview will be within a few weeks, it may well be further in the future than you are expecting - we are now coming into the part of the year when everything visa related slows down because Officers go on vacation with Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year.