Wikiposts

VSC I-130 Processing

Old May 3rd 2002, 5:10 am
Richard Sun

Default VSC I-130 Processing

Hello everyone, just curious, I had heard that the VSC (Vermont Service Center) used
to be the quickest place (in fact amazingly quick) to process the I-130 application,
then one day it suddenly fell behind, any ideas what changed? I think it was about a
year ago, when the VSC had these record times.

Here's my time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 3rd 2002, 7:10 am
Just Me

Default Re: VSC I-130 Processing

Richard:

As of April 17, a new bill was passed that they have to extra investagations before
ajudicating any petitions.

Also, people from other jurisdictions caught wind of VSC amazing speed and thought
they would just send their petitions to them instead. Little did they know that if ya
do that, they will no longer be fast if they have to process cases for the whole US.

Now VSC new investigation rules that must be folowed combined with flooded mail room,
has realy slowed them down for those of us who actually do live in the VSC
juresdiction.

Now they have a bunch of mail they have to return and tell the people they will not
process cases for people in juresdictions out side ours.

I saw timelines for people who sent their petitons in on March 19 and were approved
by April 15. I spent and extra 2 days checking websites and groups to make sure I
crossed all my T's and dotted my I's and had all my N/A's and NONE's in the right
spot so it wouldn't get sent back to me for RFE's delaying me another month. I sent
mine in March 22, NOA #1 dated March 28 and now still waiting waiting waiting.

Go figure. I got there just in time to wait.

Keep the faith

Bob

Old May 3rd 2002, 1:10 pm
Richard Sun

I had also read somewhere that the VSC used a lot of overtime pay in the past(finally
money that seems to be well spent). I just hope they see the importance of keeping
families together.

Old May 3rd 2002, 4:40 pm
Just Me

Yeah I hear ya. I just saw another timeline for someone who mailed the papers April 1
and Approved April 29 at VSC and guess what was in my mailbox today. An Electric bill
and an AOL free trial CD.

Bob