Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

vsc 2008 i-751 approval

vsc 2008 i-751 approval

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:37 am
Just Joined

legacy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: vsc 2008 i-751 approval

I think i was just lucky.Coz i was projecting it fot August or so.This was a happy surprise.
But looking at VSC, i think those guys are thoroughly behind.California processes those things in six months tops.That is what they say.
Good luck to you.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: vsc 2008 i-751 approval

Well, yes lucky that you have CSC as your service center.

VSC is the slowest and will remain that way apparently for a long time. They are working on the old cases that were transfered from TSC back in Feb08. Few lucky ones on July or August got slip through but haven't heard from them in awhile, mostly all (in other forums are a pretty good list of people in the same situation than us) are transfers from TSC...so my calculus is that most people who apply jointly will be able to apply for citizenship before their I-751 approval.

People that has applied in CSC (including transfers from NSC) in Feb08 they already are getting approvals...as it should be for ALL not only one side of the country. But, I guess, is the way it is so far and we have no control over it.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

I am told they were hit with a big rush of applications in july and they are kind of overwhelmed.Maybe all of them will be approved at the same time.I think Backlog pressure may make them relax a few stringent rules and actually be an advantage to all.
Best of luck guys.I will be checking in on the forum in any case.Just incase i can be of help or encouragement to somebody.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:00 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read, TSC no longer handles I-751 apps period. The only ones that now do are CSC and VSC. Every center is transferring these apps to one of these two centers which is why things are getting slower.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:08 am
Just Joined

My New Green card arrived today in the mail.Thank God the long wait is over.
on 06/04/2008 i received a letter starting with" congratulations ......"Being the notice that my petition had been approved.So here below is my whole time frame:

1.02/20/2008 1-751 petition received.
2. 03/06/2008 biometrics taken.
3.05/30/2008 card production ordered.No interview.
4.current status:06/01/2008 Waiting for permanent green card in the mail.
5.06/04/2007 received letter of approval "congratulations"
6.06/06/2006 received 10 yr green card in the mail.

Thank you all and good luck.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Vince P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
to give you an idea of where they at

received confirmation july 30th 2007 they received my i-751 app
my orginial biometrics dated i missed i was in the uk and it ended up being 3 weeks later approx end of sept

received approval email today march 5th 2008

i assume they are processing august applications who made it to the biometrics on time
To mrfoxy76 and kbf, appreciate the update as it is the real status of where VSC is at with I-751s.

kbf, I have a receipt date of 7 Sep 07 (just a couple of weeks before you) yet I am yet to hear anything 3 months after you received your 10 year GC.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

I applied Sept '07 also. I received a copy of my extension letter from the VSC for no particular reason a few weeks back, but other than that, nothing.

It's at least comforting I'm not the only one. Suggests nothing disastrous has happened... just slow.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Vince P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hobbes79
I applied Sept '07 also. I received a copy of my extension letter from the VSC for no particular reason a few weeks back, but other than that, nothing.

It's at least comforting I'm not the only one. Suggests nothing disastrous has happened... just slow.
Hobbes79, I got the duplicate of the extension letter as well. I just rang the 1800 number and was told that the duplicate letter meant nothing and that I must wait.
She also quoted the web processing times and when I stated that I was aware of others that had submitted in July and Sept 2007 and had received their new card, she went on to read a 2 minute prepared script discussing all the reasons why some were processed faster than others.
I will keep this post updated with any developments.