Wikiposts

VOT: Losing a Pet

Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VOT: Losing a Pet

Well, since everyone else is sharing... here's Bridget, Sydney, Lucky, and Momma Cat. Bridget is a terrier, Sydney is a wolf mix, Lucky is a pomeranian, and Momma Cat is a short-hair domestic.

Let me also add here that all the dogs were rescues!

Ian
Attached Thumbnails VOT:  Losing a Pet-bridget.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-sydney.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-lucky.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-mommacat.jpg  

Last edited by ian-mstm; Oct 20th 2005 at 7:25 am.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Thank you all for kind words.

Chey was a medium haired black cat. You could brush her and brush her and there would be no hair in the brush. But she would get up and walk and the hair would fall out in clumps and you never found out where it came from on her body. Jim was just saying no matter much I clean in the next few weeks, I will still be finding clumps of Chey's hair.

The next to go will be CC (crazy cat). She is going to be 17 in March and she is weakening to old age. For me she is a very special cat because she belonged to my former fiancee, Bill, who died in 1991. I took her with me after his death. Losing her will be losing one of my last personal belongings of his. I still have his family who I'm very close to but CC is special.

And before anyone says anything, Jim knows how I felt and feel about Bill. My love for each of them is different but just as strong.

I'm having one of our old regulars to dinner on Sunday, Roger Pennycarte <sp> and his wife Ida. They moved to my area a few months back and this is the first chance we have to met up. Will have a cuppa with them for all of you.
I want to say how sorry I am for you losing your cat.

I was having what I call a 'bad Juniper day' today, where I miss my little female cat Juniper so badly, we lost her a year and a half ago, I get bad days like today where I want her back.

I have seen and assisted in putting hundreds of animals to sleep as a Veterinary nurse and never really got use to it.

Sometimes I think pets are here to teach us a few lessons of decency in life.

How to love someone unconditionally and not for their appearance.

Plus too many to mention.

And when they leave, they leave such a gap that it cant be filled. Getting another cat doesnt replace them, just makes another space in your life for another little character.

I cant say anything that helps, but cry when you want to cry, and make sure there is always someone there to give you a hug when you need it.

And I always say thank your cat for being yours. We are very lucky to be owned by them.

Love Samantha.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:11 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I want to say how sorry I am for you losing your cat.

I was having what I call a 'bad Juniper day' today, where I miss my little female cat Juniper so badly, we lost her a year and a half ago, I get bad days like today where I want her back.

I have seen and assisted in putting hundreds of animals to sleep as a Veterinary nurse and never really got use to it.

Sometimes I think pets are here to teach us a few lessons of decency in life.

How to love someone unconditionally and not for their appearance.

Plus too many to mention.

And when they leave, they leave such a gap that it cant be filled. Getting another cat doesnt replace them, just makes another space in your life for another little character.

I cant say anything that helps, but cry when you want to cry, and make sure there is always someone there to give you a hug when you need it.

And I always say thank your cat for being yours. We are very lucky to be owned by them.

Love Samantha.
I feel for your loss Rete, may your memories comfort you.

I think we humans are either pet lovers or not, so for all of you who seem not to be who have posted on here, I feel sorry for what you are missing, pets can bring so much to your life.

(As a side note, please say "hello" to Roger for me, he lived close to me before he moved although we never managed to meet up. It would be great to hear how things are going for him-ask him to leave a post for us in the USA forum when he gets time!!!)
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

My condolences Rete. Losing a pet is like losing a member of your family, because thats what our pets are. I still remember when my doberman died when I was little, I still think about her all the time and it does bring tears to my eyes. Hubby and I are huge animal lovers and most of our ten odd pets are rescues. We're running out of room in our house! Anyway, since everyone else is sharing..
Attached Thumbnails VOT:  Losing a Pet-jake-2-9-05.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-snow-animals-020.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-wasnt-me.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-animals-006.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-snow-animals-026.jpg  

Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well, since everyone else is sharing... here's Bridget, Sydney, Lucky, and Momma Cat. Bridget is a terrier, Sydney is a wolf mix, Lucky is a pomeranian, and Momma Cat is a short-hair domestic.

Let me also add here that all the dogs were rescues!

Ian

Wow, all adorable but Sydney is very... striking

I want a doggie!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:02 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as we are all sharing pet photos, here are mine. I hope this works, never quite know if they will show up or not!

Lily, Kensington, Kitty, and Honey the princess!

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails VOT:  Losing a Pet-pets-010.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-pets-015.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-pets-002.jpg   VOT:  Losing a Pet-winter-snow-jan-2005-098.jpg  

Last edited by Maggs; Oct 20th 2005 at 11:05 am.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:29 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
Awww... Rete, sorry about your loss

We have two cats that are about a year old now to which my husband and I both refer to as "the kids". Its pretty funny (pathetic?)... if one of them does something Chris doesnt like, he'll pick them up and give them a long lecture about how they should respect their elders, and how he brought them into this world and he can take them out...
Aww!! They are so cute!, cracker and tiny?? lol nice.
Thanks for the pics
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:36 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Here I go!!
Attached Thumbnails VOT:  Losing a Pet-dsc01516.jpg  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:56 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if I have done this right! If so here is my baby!
Attached Thumbnails VOT:  Losing a Pet-spokane-pictures-2005-001.jpg  
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by robskatie
Not sure if I have done this right! If so here is my baby!

is that a springer spaniel? she looks just like my best friends dog amber
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney is very... striking!
Doesn't he have the most beautiful eyes? We fell in love with his eyes when we first saw him and I persuaded Sheila that we had to take him home to our house!

Ian
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:33 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

sorry to hear that Rete.. its very hard to say goodbye to our little furry friends...

We have our little cdn kitty here, Jackie Chan the kickboxing cat.. who is now my husbands buddy and shuns me... still love him to pieces though.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Aww!! They are so cute!, cracker and tiny?? lol nice.
Thanks for the pics

Hahahah, yes. Cracker because he's... well... beige......... haha and Tiny because shes always been about half of her brother's size

Your kitty is adorable!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Doesn't he have the most beautiful eyes? We fell in love with his eyes when we first saw him and I persuaded Sheila that we had to take him home to our house!

Ian

I'm seriously thinking about taking a trip to Kentucky, and kidnapping your dog haha
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:42 am
Account Closed

I'm seriously thinking about taking a trip to Kentucky, and kidnapping your dog haha
If you rub his belly, he'd probably go with you! And he'd do just about anything for a Scooby snack!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.