Reload this Page >

Visiting whilst waiting....

Wikiposts

Visiting whilst waiting....

Old Jul 24th 2002, 9:20 am
Sean

Default Visiting whilst waiting....

Hi NG

It's my fiancée's birthday in September and I want to be there, only problem is we'll
be two months into a K1 application. The question is, what are my chances of being
turned away by those nice people at immigration..I'll be flying into JFK from the UK.
Thanks in advance.

Old Jul 24th 2002, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting whilst waiting....

I visited the US in exactly the same stage in my K1 application, over Xmas last year. I bought proof that I was returning to the UK, which as I was in the British Army at the time consisted of my ID card and some other stuff. The didn't even ask to see it, nor did they ask about my K1, I was just let in on a visa waiver. I got the impression that until the I129f is approved, they have no record of the non USC fiance
Old Jul 24th 2002, 10:20 am
Sean

Default Re: Supplement to this question

"Sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi NG
    >
    > It's my fiancée's birthday in September and I want to be there, only
problem
    > is we'll be two months into a K1 application. The question is, what are my chances
    > of being turned away by those nice people at immigration..I'll be flying into JFK
    > from the UK. Thanks in advance.
    >
    >

Furthermore if I was to get turned back, would it affect the application process
in any way?

Old Jul 24th 2002, 3:20 pm
Donna Maindraul

Default Re: Visiting whilst waiting....

In article <[email protected]>, "Sean"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> The question is, what are my chances of being turned away by those nice people at
    > immigration..I'll be flying into JFK from the UK. Thanks in advance.

I know people who live in the US on tourist visas, flying home every 90 days and
coming back to JFK a week later. If you don't do anything to call attention to
yourself, you'll probably be processed in 20 seconds.

If they do notice, you'll have your return ticket, apartment lease, note from your
employer saying you're on vacation and expected back in a week, and the fact that you
filed the K-1 in the first place to prove that you're planning to return after her
birthday and wait for your fiance visa.

-Donna