Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Visiting the US while waiting on I-130

Visiting the US while waiting on I-130

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 3:14 pm
Sthrnshrte

Default Visiting the US while waiting on I-130

Hi there,

My husband and I (him a UKC, me USC) filed an I-130 for him back in March of this
year. We then decided to live in the UK for the year or two it may take to process
(Texas Service Center). Unfortunately, my visa interview at the British Consulate in
Los Angeles went pear-shaped, and my application is being sent for review in London
for possibly up to 3 months. In the meantime, I'm not allowed to visit the UK so my
husband would like to come visit for a month's time or more.

My question is that, when he visits, we know he should have proof of returning to the
UK, will a letter from the consulate saying that I have intent to move to the UK
help? He may or may not still be employed then, so the letter from the employer
isn't something he'll definitely have. His landlord is his mother (we're poor
young'ns), will a rent agreement still work? What else can he have? A return plane
ticket...something from the bank? What should that be?

Are they able to tell when they scan his passport that he has filed the I-130 (or
rather, his wife has for him)? I'm just wondering if Pete should volunteer it's his
wife he's visiting, or just say friends. After our luck with the British consulate,
I don't want to ruin our chances of living together in another country.

Thanks for your help,

Ash

6 months of being married, having seen my husband for a total of two