visiting US citizen fiancee

Wikiposts

visiting US citizen fiancee

Old Jul 25th 2002, 6:20 am
Fabian Behague

Default visiting US citizen fiancee

Brussels July 25,2002

Hi there !

I'm a belgian citizen living in Brussels. Last year I met a girl from Miami who's a
US citizen. I went to see her in April 5, 2002 - May 18,2002 and June 28,2002. I stay
almost 1 or 2 weeks every time. Now I already plan to see her again on August
14,2002. We don't like to be separated of course that's why I fligh so many times to
meet her. Anyway, we already plan to get married on January 4,2003 in Miami. I have a
B2 visa (visiting US citizen for fiancee). It's a multiple entries. So, every time I
arrive to the POE I worry and I stress a lot. I'm scared to be denied and to be
obliged to come back on the first flight in Belgium. I also brought all the papers
which proof I will come back to Belgium and that I don't intend to stay in US. She
plans also to move in Belgium after the wedding and to live here. Anyway I'm also
obliged to marry her in Belgium (civil wedding) in November before our wedding in
Miami (church). The wedding certificate of US is not recognized buy the Belgium
adminisatration.

Can you tell me if they can denied me at the POE if I want to see her so many time ?
(they can see each stamp on the visa) If they ask me, do I need to tell them why I
travel a lot in Miami? Do I need to bring some pictures to of us and the family and
the bill phone ??

Thanks a lot for all the informations ....

Old Jul 25th 2002, 8:20 am
Mrtravel@Sbcglo

Default Re: visiting US citizen fiancee

Fabian Behague wrote:

> Anyway I'm also obliged to marry her in Belgium (civil wedding) in November before
    > our wedding in Miami (church). The wedding certificate of US is not recognized buy
    > the Belgium adminisatration.

Are you sure that it isn't recognized if accompanied by an apostille? Marriages in
one country are generally recognized in other countries except for some rare
exceptions.

> Can you tell me if they can denied me at the POE if I want to see her so many time
    > ? (they can see each stamp on the visa)

Yes, they can deny you.

> If they ask me, do I need to tell them why I travel a lot in Miami?

What else would you tell them?? It is to your benefit that you only stay a short
time. You have a track record of entering and leaving after short visits.

> Do I need to bring some pictures to of us and the family and the bill phone

I don't think this will help for visiting on a tourist visa