Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Visiting partner whilst waiting for NVC (CR1 visa)

Visiting partner whilst waiting for NVC (CR1 visa)

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting partner whilst waiting for NVC (CR1 visa)

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone travelled late in the game during their CR1 visa process and whether they encountered any problems. I’m at NVC stage, about to submit all docs for review, and think I’ll hear back re my interview date in a month and a half based on current timings and assuming all approves. My husband and I are trying to fit in a short trip for me to go to the U.S. around the time I should be hearing from NVC, giving me ample time to go home and organise medical and generally prepare.
I’ve travelled a lot up to this point during the process and had no issues and I know there’s no rule that specifically says I can’t travel when I’m at NVC stage, but just wondering if anyone has travelled at this or a similar stage and if they had a hard or easy time.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by vivid291; Sep 23rd 2019 at 9:05 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 12:09 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting partner whilst waiting for NVC (CR1 visa)

I’ve travelled a lot up to this point during the process and had no issues and I know there’s no rule that specifically says I can’t travel when I’m at NVC stage
You've answered your own question - nothing has changed
Old Sep 24th 2019, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivid291
... I know there’s no rule that specifically says I can’t travel when I’m at NVC stage, but just wondering if anyone has travelled at this or a similar stage and if they had a hard or easy time.
I flew over for a visit when I was at almost the exact same stage in the process as you are now. My mother-in-law was dying so I came over to say goodbye and support my husband - I stayed for two months and it caused no issue in our case. I answered all questions honestly and concisely at the border, as we always do, and nothing out of the ordinary happened. You will be fine. Have fun, and good luck with the NVC!
Old Sep 24th 2019, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Flew over at the exact same stage (I was going through a K1 process though).

Zero issues, just answered the couple of questions I was asked honestly (why I was there, when was my return flight etc etc).
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

vivid291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much everyone!