Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

visit U.S after we filed i-129f ?

Wikiposts

visit U.S after we filed i-129f ?

Old Oct 12th 2001, 2:03 pm
Longmoren

can someone please advise me on the following, im british and my fiance who is
american and lives in the U.S has just filed a i-129f petition , i desperately want
to visit my fiance just for 10 days over the x-mas period, can someone tell me if im
allowed to visit, i think i am but im not too sur about it, im prepared to be turned
away from the POE and risk that, however what concerns me more than anything else is
, if im turned away, will that effect my application in any way at all, for example i
think i have to answer on a later form from the london embassy if i have ever been
refused entry, please, please any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks so much for
taking the time to read this...........jim

Old Oct 12th 2001, 3:00 pm
Alvena Ferreira

LongmoreN wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If they just send you home, it should have no effect. IF they fingerprint you before
they send you home, it will delay your getting the visa 2-3 months (at least report),
due to the fact that the FBI check will come back positive and they will have to wait
for FBI to report why the fingerprint test was positive.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Oct 12th 2001, 3:17 pm
Denis Barlow

Jim,

I visited Cathy in Phoenix in June after she filed the I-129F without any problems.
Just to be prepared I took as much evidence as I could that I would be returning to
the UK such as Flat lease, work contract etc. They never even asked me about it when
I arrived.

--
Denis
-----

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough!

>
    >
filed
    >
over
    >
but
    >
risk
    >
away,
    >
have
    >
refused
    >
for
    >

Old Oct 12th 2001, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim,

I visited my lady in the US while we wre waiting for our I-129f to be approved. I also brought with me enough evidence to prove beyond doubt that I was returning to the UK, Good examples of what you might want to take are: a letter from work saying that you are expected back on a specific date, a copy of your lease showing you have financial commitments etc.

I had more with me, as my son was travelling too, so I needed a letter from his school and another from his mother (she and I are divorced), all saying that we were expected to return to the UK and the date that (in my sons case) he was expected back at school.

We didn't get a hard time at the POE, just don't lie to them as ordinary people, they know if we are lying. We are NOT professional liers so to the trained eye, it'll be obvious.

Email me if you want to know more detail.

Brian.