VISA FEES - K1 FIANCE' VISA

Wikiposts

VISA FEES - K1 FIANCE' VISA

Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:28 am
Account Closed

davidnyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VISA FEES - K1 FIANCE' VISA

Good Evening,

I am soon to attend my K1 Visa interview in London. I am a little confused as to the fees I will be required to pay, and when I will need to pay them.

I was wondering if someone can clear this up for me.

I have read that there is a Application fee for the Visa of $131. Is this paid during my visit to the Embassy? As well I have read of a fee for Part II of the DS-230, is this right?

Any help would be much appreciated. I am all ready to go with everything else. Just need to tie a few loose ends up. This site is very helpful, and I've enjoyed reading through recollections of previous visits people have made down for the interview.

Best Wishes,

David
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA FEES - K1 FIANCE' VISA

As a K-1, you shouldn't be completing DS-230 II and there should not be a fee for that form.
The non-immigrant visa fee is $131 and there will be a charge for the courier, for returning your passport (with visa!) to you.

I wouldn't consider this a definitive answer, but I can't think of any other K-1 fees at the Embassy appointment.
glad to see you're so ready.. best wishes!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:54 am
Account Closed

Smile Re: VISA FEES - K1 FIANCE' VISA

Hi There,

Many thanks for your reply. Well that certainly sounds good news to me. I will go ready to pay for the visa issuance and return postal fees only.

I've decided that I will still takes 2 copies of the DS-230 Part II, to the embassy with me just in case it is brought up at the interview, at least I will have it on my person.

Best Wishes,

David
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

The fee for the courier is £14.50 if you don't mind what time of day they deliver. If you need to be specific about delivery times the price goes up depending on the time you want.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Hi,

Thanks for the information. All this is going to be very helpful, as when I arrive I will have a more accurate picture of the procedure.

I found the You Tube video on The visa interview a great help also.

Regards,

David.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidnyc
Hi,

Thanks for the information. All this is going to be very helpful, as when I arrive I will have a more accurate picture of the procedure.

I found the You Tube video on The visa interview a great help also.

Regards,

David.
I've never seen that one. Can you post a link to the YouTube video, please?

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Here is the link for the You Tube - Visa Interview video. It's very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzZOvF1EEXE
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidnyc
Here is the link for the You Tube - Visa Interview video. It's very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzZOvF1EEXE
That was interesting! I didn't know they did all that stuff with the fingerprints. Thanks for posting it.

Rene