Reload this Page >

Visa entry then in and out of US

Wikiposts

Visa entry then in and out of US

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa entry then in and out of US

Ok. So i will fly to the US at the end of this month with my lovely USC wife.
We will only be there for 5 days and then back to the UK. Intent is to endorse my visa, look for rental places and for my wife to hopefully attend a couple of interviews.

I will then return 10 days later for a week to continue helping my company start its joint venture.

We are both going back at the begining of Dec for 10 days. Again to hopefully find my wife a job, houses etc. I will as above continue to set up JV.

Finally we have booked our flight at the begining of Jan with a holiday to blightly booked 4 months later.

I cant see any issues, but am I wrong ?

When we do enter together for the first time she should go in as a US Citizen and i will need to join the long line for visa entry i guess ?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa entry then in and out of US

I don't see any problems. When you enter together the first time, she can go with you through your line.

Rene
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

When you enter for the first time, look for a sign or someone to ask. Different airports do things a bit differently, with some having a separate line for visa processing.

You will go through together though, and in the absence of a sign or anyone to ask, I would recommend that you accompany your wife through the USC & LPRs line.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 23rd 2017 at 4:36 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:34 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the airport. My POE was Las Vegas and I was told to join the USC and LPR line. Some even gave a desk purely for new immigrants (San Francisco, I think from memory, and John F Kennedy probably). Some have you join the visitor line. Just ask one of the crowd controllers if unsure.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

It's a while ago now but when I entered on my IV at JFK we asked and were sent through the USC line together.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

We are entering via JFK and with all the machines nowadays it’s a bit more confusing. As people are indicating I should probably go with my wife, but she will be directed to a machine which I assume I cant use.

I’ve made sure our seats ensures a quick exit off the plane for this visit 😀
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 7:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chins
We are entering via JFK and with all the machines nowadays it’s a bit more confusing. As people are indicating I should probably go with my wife, but she will be directed to a machine which I assume I cant use.

I’ve made sure our seats ensures a quick exit off the plane for this visit 😀
Immigration into the US is processed on a family basis, even when using the kiosks, so your wife will not be directed anywhere where you cannot also be processed.

At an airport the size of JFK it doesn't make a scrap of difference how soon you get off the plane, as how many other planes from international locations arrived in the half hour ahead of you is the thing which determines how quickly you will clear immigration.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Immigration into the US is processed on a family basis, even when using the kiosks, so your wife will not be directed anywhere where you cannot also be processed.

At an airport the size of JFK it doesn't make a scrap of difference how soon you get off the plane, as how many other planes from international locations arrived in the half hour ahead of you is the thing which determines how quickly you will clear immigration.
Thanks.

I agree you need some luck on which flights arrive before you and which terminal you use. My last two trips to JFK I have walked off the plane and been in baggage reclaim within 15 mins, of which 10 mins was walking from the gate. At Denver last week it was the same. My colleague who was row 50 took nearly an hour to get through. You still want to be off the plane asap