Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Visa approved!!! to God be the glory!!!

Wikiposts

Visa approved!!! to God be the glory!!!

Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Visa approved!!! to God be the glory!!!

Hi, I would like to thank everyone for everything. Every information given was a great help.

I would like to share my K1 visa experience, in order to help other applicants as well.

I have my interview booked around 8am (24/04/12). I lived in North London, so it took only 30 minutes for me to reach the US Embassy. I was quite early, so I waited like almost an hour outside the embassy. Around 7 30am, they started letting in all the applicants. I was given ticket number, I902 ( I was the second in the I-tickets). My number was called in window 1, the asian lady asked me my appointment letter, MRV, and photographs. Then, she asked me to put my fingers in the scanner. She checked on my files, and then asked for my birth certificates, police certificates ( UK and Philippines) and the affidavit of support. I handed the I-134 together with the income tax return, W2 and paystubs, but surprisingly, without any checking, she gave all those proofs back to me. She asked me some questions like the name of my fiancee, his job and my planned date of going to US. After that, she told me to wait for the interview. After five minutes, she paged me again, and asked for my status here in UK. I gave her my tier 2 visa, and she attached it to my passport.

I waited for like 40 minutes. There were loads of N applicants, and finally I was called to window 16. A lady was waiting for me, but unfortunately, her computer just suddenly shut down. She apologized and said that it will only take like few minutes. While waiting, she asked me to take an oath. She started to ask questions, and then followed with so many questions. Finally, she said, I think I have nothing else to ask, i will approve the visa.. I am so overwhelmed, that I was teary. Thank and Praise God!!

Thanks a lot to everyone!! Finally, the long wait is over!! cant wait to be with him... thanks a lot!!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice
Default Re: Visa approved!!! to God be the glory!!!

Congratulations!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

guitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on your success!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Visa approved!!! to God be the glory!!!

Originally Posted by Peaksy
Congratulations!
Thanks a lot...
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by guitarmaan
Well done on your success!
Thanks a lot....
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Now time to read up on AOS.

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Big Congrats!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!

Now time to read up on AOS.

Rene
Thanks a lot Rene. You are such a great help!!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Big Congrats!!
Big Thanks!!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

pinky79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

When you mention: [I handed the I-134 together with the income tax return, W2 and paystubs, but surprisingly, without any checking, she gave all those proofs back to me.] What is W2? Did you also have duplicate copies of all of the information provided with the I-134?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinky79
Congratulations!

When you mention: [I handed the I-134 together with the income tax return, W2 and paystubs, but surprisingly, without any checking, she gave all those proofs back to me.] What is W2? Did you also have duplicate copies of all of the information provided with the I-134?
W-2 is the year-end earnings statement. It is part of the tax return.

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pinky79
Congratulations!

Yup, I handed two copies ( original and photocopy) but the lady only kept one copy of I-134. The rest she gave it back to me. She didn't asked anything about the earnings, only about his job.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to all

Congratulations!!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:12 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!