Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Virginia AOS- how do I find out more?

Wikiposts

Virginia AOS- how do I find out more?

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:26 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Virginia AOS- how do I find out more?

I am confused about Cory's AOS application- does the Arlington BCIS process it themselves (rather than a service center)?

Where do I look to see the dates of the AOS applications they are currently processing? Does the Arlington BCIS have their own site?

One more thing...where do I find out more about the new Arlington BCIS address? Have they moved yet?

I really feel like we are just floating around since we haven't heard anything, I just want to know where to look. Sorry about so many questions, I feel REALLY out of the loop compared with the K-1 process.

Thanks.

Juliet
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Virginia AOS- how do I find out more?

Originally posted by jcapulet
I am confused about Cory's AOS application- does the Arlington BCIS process it themselves (rather than a service center)?

Where do I look to see the dates of the AOS applications they are currently processing? Does the Arlington BCIS have their own site?

One more thing...where do I find out more about the new Arlington BCIS address? Have they moved yet?

I really feel like we are just floating around since we haven't heard anything, I just want to know where to look. Sorry about so many questions, I feel REALLY out of the loop compared with the K-1 process.

Thanks.

Juliet
Hey Juliet...

This site may help you...

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

I didn't see an Arlington office in the list.

I know that being in Maryland, I had to file at VSC for EAD and AOS... but Mr. Folinskyinla or Mr. Udall mentioned that there may be other states that will soon be using the Service Centers to ajudicate AOS applications.

Where did you send the AOS documents?

Ian
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have to file with the Washington DC district office. It's located in Arlington VA. However, I am not sure. I hope someone else can help.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:45 pm
Son 5 & Daughter 2 1/2

Pete F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jcapulet

Thanks.

Juliet

Juliet and Cory... welcome to the black hole that is Arlington..

Virginia.. Yes.. we filed with Arlington as we are live in Virginia.. Filed April 1st 2003.. Checks came back cashed 3-4 weeks later.. No receipt, no noa, just checks with smudged stamps on the back.. I had to go there personally to obtain my EAD as without it , i would have lost my current job offer.. I finally had an ivitation in September 2003 to be fingerprinted in Novemeber 2003.. We attended that (not far from Smith mountain lake ) at a low security facility. No further communications till 1st week of Jan 2004.. Please attend local office (Not Arlington) for your AOS interview on Feb26th..

If you have a case number, then you can use the same web site you did for the K1. :-)
Your Cancelled checks are the only evidence that you are in process so dont loose them..

As far I know, Arlington office is still above the Bank of Wachovia in Arlington.. I hadnt heard of any moves but I havent been following things too much myself..

Pete & Carla and Dominic (now 4 months old ) :-)
Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:09 pm
Andy Platt

"jcapulet" <member3678@british_expats.com> wrote...

> I am confused about Cory's AOS application- does the Arlington BCIS
    > process it themselves (rather than a service center)?

In general, yes.

> Where do I look
    > to see the dates of the AOS applications they are currently processing?
    > Does the Arlington BCIS have their own site?

http://shusterman.com/cgi-bin/ex-s-l...ectedOffice=80

> One more thing...where do
    > I find out more about the new Arlington BCIS address? Have they moved
    > yet?

They hadn't moved this weekend when I drove down Fairfax St.. They should
update their page with this when they do move:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...dc/aboutus.htm

BTW, it will no longer be in Arlington - it will be in Fairfax. Old habits
die hard so I expect we'll be calling the Washington DC office the Arlington
office for some time even though it will be in Fairfax.

Completely O/T but related to the topic of retaining names: My first job
after graduating in the UK was with Siemens Plessey. Siemens had just bought
our division out so there were a lot of people who still called it Plesseys.
We went down to the site on the Isle of Wight for a graduate induction
course and there people asked if we were working at Decca - it hadn't been
Decca for thirty years!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination

Old Feb 19th 2004, 1:28 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pete F
.. I finally had an ivitation in September 2003 to be fingerprinted in Novemeber 2003.. We attended that (not far from Smith mountain lake ) at a low security facility. No further communications till 1st week of Jan 2004.. Please attend local office (Not Arlington) for your AOS interview on Feb26th..
Hi Pete & Carla,

Wow you have your AOS interview date? Cory hasn't even gotten an invitation to be fingerprinted. He's gotten his EAD but that's all. I'll check when I get home for the case number, our lawyer gave us a copy of everything he filed.

Juliet
Old Feb 19th 2004, 1:32 am
jingling

Originally posted by Andy Platt
    > Where do I look
    > to see the dates of the AOS applications they are currently processing?
    > Does the Arlington BCIS have their own site?

http://shusterman.com/cgi-bin/ex-s-l...ectedOffice=80
Thanks for that info Andy, I will take a look. I just hope our papers don't get lost in the move!

Juliet