Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Victim of domestic violence (male)

Victim of domestic violence (male)

Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victim of domestic violence (male)

Originally Posted by Help
Hmm so how do you work that out ? in section SIX and reads your are bound for 3 years
These are very good questions to ask that second lawyer you consulted with.

Rene
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
These are very good questions to ask that second lawyer you consulted with.

Rene
I just noticed in your timeline:

07.02.03 K1 Visa issued in London

That means the I-134 was signed previous to that time. Which means the 3 years is coming to a close anyway....if it is valid for 3 years, it's over in a few days anyway.

Rene
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm so how do you work that out ? in section SIX and reads your are bound for 3 years
This has been discussed ad nauseum for years in this forum. Even the attorneys who frequent this newsgroup have agreed (well, if memory serves) that the I-134 is not enforceable. It sounds like you're simply angry and are trying to screw over your wife. Hey... good luck to you!

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:48 pm

What is it you're trying to accomplish, anyway? Whether the I-134 is still valid or not, doesn't really affect your immigration status here at all.

What's your main goal here?

Rene
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Help is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What is it you're trying to accomplish, anyway? Whether the I-134 is still valid or not, doesn't really affect your immigration status here at all.

What's your main goal here?

Rene

Just wanted to know that’s all if she was responsible for me as I cannot work as I do not have an EAD card due to the fact the Interview letter was hidden

Last edited by Help; Jun 27th 2006 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:19 pm

Just wanted to know that’s all if she was responsible for me as I cannot work as I do have a EAD due to the fact the Interview letter was hidden
I see.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to know that’s all if she was responsible for me as I cannot work as I do not have an EAD card due to the fact the Interview letter was hidden
You need a mean divorce lawyer, not an unenforceable affidavit that's due to expire next week.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Help is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hcj1440
You need a mean divorce lawyer, not an unenforceable affidavit that's due to expire next week.

Thanks for all your help , i love this forum
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Just to inform you all you do not need a lawyer in this case no disrespect to all the advise given , save some cash and just file I 360 and your problems are solved just give BCIS all the documentation required and hay preseto

Thanks again for all the giving advice here
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:16 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Just to inform you all you do not need a lawyer in this case no disrespect to all the advise given , save some cash and just file I 360 and your problems are solved just give BCIS all the documentation required and hay preseto

Thanks again for all the giving advice here

Firstly, every case is different. It is irresponsible to suggest that all one needs to do is "just file I-360 and your problems are solved" -- because what if it isn't enough? What happens to the person then??

Secondly, I see that after last hearing about your tangled immigration journey, you're planning to move back to the UK. So, when you say that your problems were "solved" did you mean that you decided to just leave the US?

~ Jenney
Old Dec 30th 2006, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange...strange indeed. The mind boggles.