Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Wikiposts

Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:19 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Originally posted by Leslie66
<snort> I didn't even catch that. My, it really has been too long it.........

Maybe he should get his mother to write a letter.
He must remember to get it notarized.

Sorry, Carole, for hijacking your thread. I'll bow out now, and good luck getting that NOA back!

~SG
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Originally posted by SecretGarden
He must remember to get it notarized.

Sorry, Carole, for hijacking your thread. I'll bow out now, and good luck getting that NOA back!

~SG
I've heard that getting things notarized is very difficult. Under no circumstances should he ever, ever, and I mean NEVER, read the instructions first.

Hijack over.

Carole,

What do you think about my red-stampy thing? Maybe they do it differently state to state???
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:02 am
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

My husband came on K-3 as well. They gave him his NOA back with the "red-stampy thing" as well.

He's actually almost at the 91 day mark so we'll be applying for the interim EAD shortly.

It's so frustrating that all the local offices are not the same. It just doesn't seem fair. Not to mention that fact that it really confuses people. It's hard to know if things are on track or not. ARRRGGGHHHH!!

Oh well. Carole have you talked with anyone else who went through New Orleans to see what their experience was?

I've heard that getting things notarized is very difficult. Under no circumstances should he ever, ever, and I mean NEVER, read the instructions first.

Hijack over.

Carole,

What do you think about my red-stampy thing? Maybe they do it differently state to state???
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

NKA418 or Carole,

Do you have the link to the page where you check the status of your EAD?? I'm on the USCIS website but I can't find that page......

Thanks.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:39 am
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Hey,

NKA418 or Carole,

Do you have the link to the page where you check the status of your EAD?? I'm on the USCIS website but I can't find that page......

Thanks.
Leslie,

Go to this link. https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

Edit....I realized that I've never checked the status of my EAD online...I 've only looked at the processing date. I suppose that you could still check online from this link. Let me know if I'm right.

Sorry about that.

Last edited by NKA418; Mar 31st 2004 at 4:45 am.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:49 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waitingforAOS
Hi:

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand that all offices are different. But, just to feel safe, if you have a copy of your NOTICE wghat was received. My ASC was ATLANTA and the guys were very nice.

They actually just stamped the thing and gave it back which had the date and proof that the BIOMETRICS was done.

But, don't worry, I got my card in a week after my BIOMETRICS. I would guess, would be the same for you.

Thanks
I (K1) also got mine done in Atlanta and they stamped it and gave it back to me.

waitingforAOS: when did you get your biometrics done? Mine took over 90 days. That did include an RFE (forgot to include husband's proof of US citizenship), but even so it seemed to take a long time. Especially if yours came within a week! So what's your timeline like?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:03 am
WTF?

Originally posted by NKA418
Leslie,

Go to this link. https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N#

Edit....I realized that I've never checked the status of my EAD online...I 've only looked at the processing date. I suppose that you could still check online from this link. Let me know if I'm right.

Sorry about that.
Thanks. It worked. You can check it and you are right.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Correct 4 MARCH. I didn't send it return receipt. I have the cancelled check noting that it is for EAD. There is no receipt number on the back. Still no receipt or NOA. I figure I'll just take the cancelled check to the New Orleans office on the 91'st day.

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Leslie,
He must mean 4th of MARCH since it's not even April yet.........

????

~SG
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:32 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright guys, I'm back. I was in New Orleans all day yesterday, and one of the things I did was to go back to the USCIS to try to sort things out.

The girl at the front desk was different and was actually the same person who took my biometrics. So that was cool, since she was much nicer and she even remembered me. She told me that they do NOT give the NOA1s back, that they do keep them. So I asked her what do I do if I still don't have my EAD after 90 days. She said to come back and it won't be a problem that I don't have my NOA1. So I asked her HOW they would know that it's been 91 days if I don't have proof. And she said she wasn't sure, but that she thought there was a way for them to check with their computer.

So I guess that's that. I'll just wait and see. The funny thing is that they DID put the red stamp on it that Leslie described (actually drawed...). I printed my online status, and I still have the envelope the NOA1 came in (with the sent date coinciding with my receipt date), so that's SOME proof of filing I still have. It just bothers me not to have proof that I did my biometrics. Except for my appointment reference number, but that doesn't prove that I showed up either.

Thanks everybody for helping! =) I really appreciate it.

Leslie, did your online status change to "We have received your biometrics" or not? I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not, but I think I've heard it was.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Steffi
I (K1) also got mine done in Atlanta and they stamped it and gave it back to me.

waitingforAOS: when did you get your biometrics done? Mine took over 90 days. That did include an RFE (forgot to include husband's proof of US citizenship), but even so it seemed to take a long time. Especially if yours came within a week! So what's your timeline like?
Hi Steffi:

My was not K1/K3. I was here on H1 and did my AOS.

My receipt date is March 13 2002 for AOS. This was my EAD renewal (IIIrd). I guess it depends on case-to-case basis. But, after a week of my BIOMETRICS (March 11th '04, I got my card in the mail around the 18th.

Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2004, 2:38 am
WTF?

Leslie, did your online status change to "We have received your biometrics" or not? I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not, but I think I've heard it was.

Hi Carole,

Haha. I checked the online status but forgot why I was checking.........

This is what it said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on March 2, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, no it hasn't changed (yet?).

Leslie
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

If leslie and secrete don't quit picking on me I'm gonna tel my momee. Keep me posted on your progress Leslie you application is right on top of mine...

<snort> I didn't even catch that. My, it really has been too long it.........

Maybe he should get his mother to write a letter.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:09 am
WTF?

Originally posted by lpdiver
If leslie and secrete don't quit picking on me I'm gonna tel my momee. Keep me posted on your progress Leslie you application is right on top of mine...

Have you and Angela gone for her biometrics??

Mine:

03/02/04 - EAD - MSC - 1ST NOA
03/17/04 - Biometrics - Fort Worth field office
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

No I have not gotten anything from CIS. I have checked my account ant the check cleared but it does not had a number on the back.

Have you and Angela gone for her biometrics??

Mine:

03/02/04 - EAD - MSC - 1ST NOA
03/17/04 - Biometrics - Fort Worth field office
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:16 am
WTF?

Originally posted by lpdiver
No I have not gotten anything from CIS. I have checked my account ant the check cleared but it does not had a number on the back.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Read Cindyabs thread. It should ruin your day........

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=190260