Reload this Page >

Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Wikiposts

Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Old Mar 30th 2004, 1:42 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Yesterday was my biometrics appointment for my EAD at the New Orleans office at 10am. My husband and I got there at 9:30, and the girl at the front desk took my passport, my NOA, put stamps on the front and the back of my NOA, and gave me the I-765 form to fill out (again). Then she told me to go sit down next to the brown doors on the other side of the room and that my name would be called. An hour and a half, and only ONE name had been called. So much for thinking it was going to be in and out, after what I had heard! My husband started to get impatient, and asked a guy that was coming out of those doors why we had been there for more than an hour and a half and nobody was getting called! He said he didn't know, that it wasn't his field. So Josh left me waiting to try to find somebody else to talk to, and he talked to a deportation officer, who told him that he would go find out. BEFORE Josh even got back in the room, an additional window had already been opened and a new name was called from the brown doors. Half an hour later I was called inside the doors. Two lady officers took a scan of my right index and a 3/4 profile picture. They gave me my passport back (and a little comment card, that we very dutifully filled out, trust me), and I left. Took 2 minutes at most. I did ask them what took so long though, and they said "we were just very busy this morning..." Ooooookay.

When Josh and I got back to the car, I realized they hadn't given me back my NOA1! So I went back inside (Josh stayed in the car because the 2-hour free parking was already well over), and asked the rude front desk lady, who told me that they don't give the NOA back! So I told her that now I didn't have any proof of filing, and that I needed one in case I still haven't gotten my EAD within 90 days. She said to go talk to "them". So I went back next to the brown doors to wait some more. By that time, it was already almost noon, and I guess a lot of the staff had left for lunch of something, because half an hour later still nobody had come out of the doors. So I left, thinking it was probably normal that they hadn't given it back to me, since I didn't see any of the people with biometrics appointment walk out with it (just their passport and their little yellow comment card).

Has anybody ever walked out of their biometrics appointment without their NOA1??? I have personally never heard about that happen, and sort of wish I had! Any input appreciated =)
Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

Hi Carole,

I'll check w/ Khalid and see if they gave him his NOA1 back.

This is just the opposite of our/his experience. We were 10 minutes early. He went into the office and registered at the desk. They called him back up before he had time to find a seat. I had barely settled down on a bench outside the office (they don't let anyone, except the person with the appointment, in the actual waiting room). I had brought a new book with me. I had only read two sentences of the forward, when he came out and said, "Let's go." Plus, he said they were very nice and sort of treated him like a movie star (I don't guess they get many Moroccan's in that field office. lol). There were a lot of people there that day but the woman he was dealing with made a point to tell him that the appointments get priority.

Leslie

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Yesterday was my biometrics appointment for my EAD at the New Orleans office at 10am. My husband and I got there at 9:30, and the girl at the front desk took my passport, my NOA, put stamps on the front and the back of my NOA, and gave me the I-765 form to fill out (again). Then she told me to go sit down next to the brown doors on the other side of the room and that my name would be called. An hour and a half, and only ONE name had been called. So much for thinking it was going to be in and out, after what I had heard! My husband started to get impatient, and asked a guy that was coming out of those doors why we had been there for more than an hour and a half and nobody was getting called! He said he didn't know, that it wasn't his field. So Josh left me waiting to try to find somebody else to talk to, and he talked to a deportation officer, who told him that he would go find out. BEFORE Josh even got back in the room, an additional window had already been opened and a new name was called from the brown doors. Half an hour later I was called inside the doors. Two lady officers took a scan of my right index and a 3/4 profile picture. They gave me my passport back (and a little comment card, that we very dutifully filled out, trust me), and I left. Took 2 minutes at most. I did ask them what took so long though, and they said "we were just very busy this morning..." Ooooookay.

When Josh and I got back to the car, I realized they hadn't given me back my NOA1! So I went back inside (Josh stayed in the car because the 2-hour free parking was already well over), and asked the rude front desk lady, who told me that they don't give the NOA back! So I told her that now I didn't have any proof of filing, and that I needed one in case I still haven't gotten my EAD within 90 days. She said to go talk to "them". So I went back next to the brown doors to wait some more. By that time, it was already almost noon, and I guess a lot of the staff had left for lunch of something, because half an hour later still nobody had come out of the doors. So I left, thinking it was probably normal that they hadn't given it back to me, since I didn't see any of the people with biometrics appointment walk out with it (just their passport and their little yellow comment card).

Has anybody ever walked out of their biometrics appointment without their NOA1??? I have personally never heard about that happen, and sort of wish I had! Any input appreciated =)
Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:24 am
Just Joined

SeanHHH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Very displeasing biometrics appointment experience: New Orleans office

New Orleans does not sound like a pleasant office at all.

One has to understand that all Local Offices have very different ways of doing EAD's. In my case I went through the Des Moines, Iowa office and I did not have to give them a NOA1 letter ( mainly because they never send out NOA letters).

It is a simple case of sending then the I-765, check and accompaning info and 1 month later you get an appointment letter to go to the office and get a digit inked and a photo taken and 2 minutes later you get your EAD.

I had to show nothing other than my appointment letter and my Passport.

So I wouldnt be worried that you did not get your NOA1 back - as I doubt you will ever need it again as you now have your EAD.

Hope this helps..

~Sean

Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:45 am

Originally posted by SeanHHH
New Orleans does not sound like a pleasant office at all.

One has to understand that all Local Offices have very different ways of doing EAD's. In my case I went through the Des Moines, Iowa office and I did not have to give them a NOA1 letter ( mainly because they never send out NOA letters).

It is a simple case of sending then the I-765, check and accompaning info and 1 month later you get an appointment letter to go to the office and get a digit inked and a photo taken and 2 minutes later you get your EAD.

I had to show nothing other than my appointment letter and my Passport.

So I wouldnt be worried that you did not get your NOA1 back - as I doubt you will ever need it again as you now have your EAD.

Hope this helps..

~Sean
I unfortunately do NOT have my EAD yet, as since I am a K-3, my EAD application is being processed at Chicago, and THEY will send it to me once they approve it.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Hi:

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand that all offices are different. But, just to feel safe, if you have a copy of your NOTICE wghat was received. My ASC was ATLANTA and the guys were very nice.

They actually just stamped the thing and gave it back which had the date and proof that the BIOMETRICS was done.

But, don't worry, I got my card in a week after my BIOMETRICS. I would guess, would be the same for you.

Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I unfortunately do NOT have my EAD yet, as since I am a K-3, my EAD application is being processed at Chicago, and THEY will send it to me once they approve it.
Hi Carole,

It is important to clarify that you are K3 (so are we), as it is a whole different ball game than K1.

And, no, we don't have anything back yet either.

Leslie
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:48 am

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Carole,

It is important to clarify that you are K3 (so are we), as it is a whole different ball game than K1.

And, no, we don't have anything back yet either.

Leslie
Yeah, sorry about the confusion.

I do not have a copy of my receipt, as I didn't think it would be taken away from me. However, I do have my receipt number saved in my computer (thank God...), so I'm going to print the case status page just in case.

Leslie, when did you go in for Khalid's biometrics? Has your online status changed to something like "We have received your biometrics" yet? Do you know if it's supposed to or not? If it is and my status still hasn't changed in a little while, I guess that's when I'll start to go nuts...
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:02 am
WTF?

Yeah, sorry about the confusion.

I do not have a copy of my receipt, as I didn't think it would be taken away from me. However, I do have my receipt number saved in my computer (thank God...), so I'm going to print the case status page just in case.

Leslie, when did you go in for Khalid's biometrics? Has your online status changed to something like "We have received your biometrics" yet? Do you know if it's supposed to or not? If it is and my status still hasn't changed in a little while, I guess that's when I'll start to go nuts...
We went March 17th. I don't have anything with me to check the on-line status. No, I don't know if the on-line status is supposed to change in the interim. I will check these things out later and let you know what I find.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:13 am

We went March 17th. I don't have anything with me to check the on-line status. No, I don't know if the on-line status is supposed to change in the interim. I will check these things out later and let you know what I find.
Thank you very much, Leslie! =) Take care.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

What is your EAD timeline. The NSC encashed my check on 4 May and I haven't received a receipt or NOA? I too am in Louisiana.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:28 pm

Originally posted by lpdiver
What is your EAD timeline. The NSC encashed my check on 4 May and I haven't received a receipt or NOA? I too am in Louisiana.
I sent off my I-765 to Chicago on Feb 11
They got it on Feb 13
They cashed the check on Feb 19 (I think?)
and my receipt date is Feb 17
I think I got the NOA1 the following week.

If your online banking can show you your check (like Bank of America does), then you can try to read your receipt number that they print on the back of your check.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:55 am
WTF?

Originally posted by lpdiver
Tony,

That seems too long. Did you send it return receipt?

Leslie

Last edited by Leslie; Mar 31st 2004 at 2:06 am.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:56 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Tony,

That seems too long. Did you send it return receipt.

Leslie
Leslie,
He must mean 4th of MARCH since it's not even April yet.........

????

~SG
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:03 am
WTF?

Hi Carole,

This is the low-down. They did not keep his NOA1. They stamped it in the lower right hand corner with a red fill-in-the-blank stamp. This is my best rendition of the stamp.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BIOMETRICS PROCESSING STAMP

ASC SITE CODE_______________

BIOMETRICS QA REVIEW BY:

_________________ ON ________________

TENPRINTS QA REVIEW BY:

_________________ON _________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of the blanks were filled in except the last two. I am assuming that the TENPRINTS QA REVIEW is something that will be done at a later date.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:05 am
WTF?

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Leslie,
He must mean 4th of MARCH since it's not even April yet.........

????

~SG
<snort> I didn't even catch that. My, it really has been too long it.........

Maybe he should get his mother to write a letter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.