Wikiposts

Vermont and London

Old Oct 11th 2001, 10:14 pm
Mary Jo Koch

For over a week I haven't been able to reach the London Embassy by phone. Yesterday I
e mailed them and got a prompt reply.

"We have not yet received the approved petition or packet of forms sent to us by your
fiance. The packet of forms sent ot us will take approximately three weeks to be
processed. If you have received the original notice of action confirming the approval
of the petition, we will accept the original of this in lieu of the approved
petition."

Vermont approved the petition September 26 and supposedly cabled it to London. Why
wouldn't it have arrived two weeks later? Is there a problem giving them the original
approval? Somewhere I read we will need it later for the AOS? My fiance has received
notification from the post office that his packet arrived as well.

I recall several of us are having problems with London. I am so disappointed. We had
hoped to get married by the end of November. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old Oct 11th 2001, 11:26 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Mary Jo Koch wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It can take up to a month for a cable to be sent. The original approval can be used,
however it is wise to make a copy first, then show them the original, and give them
the copy to keep. You need the original approval notice to file AOS. I suggest that
he send in the checklist from packet #3 along with a copy of the approval notice, and
a large note informing them that he has the original approval notice and will bring
it to the interview and see if they will schedule interview based on that.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Oct 12th 2001, 3:28 am
Mary Jo Koch

I actually talked to both London and Vermont (thank God for speed dialing), and both
told me I needed to be more patient, that it was unreasonable to suppose anything
would be entered into the system only two weeks after Vermont had approved it, that
it was far too soon to assume that the approval notification had gone astray on its
way from Vermont to London.

Old Oct 12th 2001, 3:41 am
Sue

>
    >
    >
    >

Our I129F was approved July 2000 & I recall it took approx 3 weeks to reach London
from TSC even then (I mean before any possible upsets caused by recent events). I
also recall every day felt like forever, hang in there.

>
    >

Old Oct 12th 2001, 6:21 am
Mary Jo Koch

Thanks for the good advice, Alvena. Andy has already sent in the checklist., but I am
flying there on Tuesday and I will bring the original approval notice, make a copy,
and send it to them. I should have sent it to him as soon as I got it. It never
occurred to me that cabling could take so long.

All the scary news, e.g., anthrax at NBC, is greatly heightening my anxiety about the
whole K1 prcocess. I so want us to be married as soon as possible.

Mary Jo.