Wikiposts

The Vermont Center

Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

ShirlelyandRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Vermont Center

It seems as those who go through Vermont it usually takes about 3 months to be approved, especially if the couple are from USA/UK. Are I pretty much right? I know that their are all kind of times lines on this...but 3 months seems to be about it.

Last edited by ShirlelyandRay; Mar 10th 2004 at 9:38 am.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:26 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Vermont Center

More or less, as long as an RFE, (Request for Further Evidence) isn't issued by the service centre and it's a straightforward petition.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 6:40 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

It's almost like asking how long is a piece of string? It takes as long as it takes. Some longer, and some faster than the 3 months you specified. I think the best thing to do is to sit back and don't be so worried about waiting. You're very likely to be faster than any other service centre so be thankful for that!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:55 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Not necessarily the fastest for everyone, but they are the fastest service center in general
Good Luck
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:06 am
Just Joined

britt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ShirlelyandRay
It seems as those who go through Vermont it usually takes about 3 months to be approved, especially if the couple are from USA/UK. Are I pretty much right? I know that their are all kind of times lines on this...but 3 months seems to be about it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...004Feb10_2.html
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:11 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting a message that the article doesn't exist.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 3:40 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KimJ
I'm getting a message that the article doesn't exist.
Me too. The link doesn't look right
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Here's the most recent Vermont processing time report. You can use this as a guide to know how long it's taking for petitions to at least get to an officer's desk for review. Hope this helps. We went through Vermont starting in September and my fiance picked up his visa exactly 3 months to the day from when I sent in our petition.

Best of Luck!!
MarDae

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...Center=Vermont
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by MarDae
Here's the most recent Vermont processing time report. You can use this as a guide to know how long it's taking for petitions to at least get to an officer's desk for review. Hope this helps. We went through Vermont starting in September and my fiance picked up his visa exactly 3 months to the day from when I sent in our petition.

Best of Luck!!
MarDae

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...Center=Vermont
You are very lucky Mardae!!! It took us 6 months for approval but then only another 2 months for my interview and now I am here with my man

Good luck to all!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:36 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

When we started our process through Vermont, they were taking about 2 or 3 weeks to approve couples.
We weren't that lucky. It took us 4 months. We had an RFE and what felt like an unusually long wait, but even when it's slow, it's faster than the rest, so count your blessings

Good luck!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Your link does not work! But thanks for trying.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Your link does not work! But thanks for trying.
Ok I know that nothing is written in stone here but, it does appear that the "average" time is 3 months. That is from looking at all the times lines that I've seen. I know that some make take longer then others......
But thanks everyone that replied! Wish you all the best!
Shirley
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:37 pm
vanillagorilla

I wish that the Texas Center could move that fast. I wonder why the TSC is so slow? Maybe because of all the mexicans here, but so many of them are illegals, it doesn't seem they would be much of a factor.

Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:15 pm
Aegina1028

Shirley, if it helps, we filed in December (I believe the VSC received our
petition 12/17.) We were notified of an RFE in January, but I overnighted the
required document the same day I received the RFE and we were approved February
20th. I don't at all know if this is typical.

Aegina