Wikiposts

Vermont applicants

Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vermont applicants

Hi

I was wondering how many Vermont I-129F applications are outstanding at the moment? I figure there can't be as many of us waiting for them as there are for other Service Centers because of their faster processing times.

They seem to have had a flurry of activity at the beginning of the year and then gone quiet.

I was hoping that this time around we would get lucky and be one of the super speedy petitions, it doesn't look like we will be quite that lucky but I am still hopeful that we will be approved within the projected processing time given.

We chose to re-apply rather than appeal their denial because we figured that for Vermont it would probably be the quicker option, fingers crossed. I'm having nightmares about getting another RFE, it's going to be so good to finally get this part of the process over. The last processing times report said they were working on applications submitted on the 15th Jan (a day before ours) so hoping it could be any day now.

Clare
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:16 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vermont applicants

When you say you chose to reapply, did you withdraw your other petition with them? Could that be causing a hold up for you?
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sibsie
When you say you chose to reapply, did you withdraw your other petition with them? Could that be causing a hold up for you?
The other application was denied and the letter stated that if no action was taken by us to appeal by Jan 18 the file would be closed.

We fully disclosed our previous application in the cover letter we sent with this one and included a copy of the denial notice that they sent us so they could clearly see the reason was simply a mix up with paperwork.

Not time to panic yet though, there's still 14 days of the projected processing time to go and things have a habit being a bit slower for us. I was just wondering if anyone had had anything approved by Vermont in the past couple of weeks.

Clare
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by clare47uk Our application was originally sent in on 12/14/03. A letter was sent back for additional information, which we provided. They got that back on the 24th of January. Here it is 2/12/04 and still no word. We can only assume that everything else on the application was complete and correct but still no response. Our patience is running thin and I although I'm tempted to initiate an inquiry but we don't want to rock the boat which may slow things down. This whole process is necessary, we know. But, it is so undignified and you are left at the mercy of beauracracy that it makes for pins and needles just waiting. My fiance' is checking on line each day and she is to call my answering machine and leave a message when we get the green light. Needless to say, when I see no blinking number on the damn machine, my heart sinks for another day.
The other application was denied and the letter stated that if no action was taken by us to appeal by Jan 18 the file would be closed.

We fully disclosed our previous application in the cover letter we sent with this one and included a copy of the denial notice that they sent us so they could clearly see the reason was simply a mix up with paperwork.

Not time to panic yet though, there's still 14 days of the projected processing time to go and things have a habit being a bit slower for us. I was just wondering if anyone had had anything approved by Vermont in the past couple of weeks.

Clare
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clare,

As you know we have been in exactly the same situationur case got denied also the first time after we submitted our RFE.Whenever we filed our I129 F the second time trough Vermont it took us 2 months after we finaly got our approval.Good luck and don t worried this time!!!