Wikiposts

vawa and overstay

Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

hazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud of
Default vawa and overstay

I came here in July 04 on a K1 visa and married my USC husband two weeks later. He turned to be mentally ill with bipolar, pyschosis and a schizoid personality disorder which he intitally hid very well from me.

He did not go to AOS interview and ultimately left in August 05. In November 05 whilst still married I filed an I360 petition with Vermont of which so far I have received a prima facie determination with help of an attorney.

I have now received removal notice which my attorney said "well thats not good is it?". I have had to change my attorney as i don't think he knows what he is doing.

Despite filing a VAWA application I have now overstayed and becasue AOS was denied I have apparently overstayed my K1 visa which expired on Oct 23rd 2004.

My new attorney is prepared to come to the removal hearings and plead my case. I was married to an abusive USC and now I'm paying the price all over again. What do you think my chances are of staying here to see out my new petition. Once it's approved I'm put into deferred status anyway.

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:47 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vawa and overstay

Originally Posted by hazeleyes
I came here in July 04 on a K1 visa and married my USC husband two weeks later. He turned to be mentally ill with bipolar, pyschosis and a schizoid personality disorder which he intitally hid very well from me.

He did not go to AOS interview and ultimately left in August 05. In November 05 whilst still married I filed an I360 petition with Vermont of which so far I have received a prima facie determination with help of an attorney.

I have now received removal notice which my attorney said "well thats not good is it?". I have had to change my attorney as i don't think he knows what he is doing.

Despite filing a VAWA application I have now overstayed and becasue AOS was denied I have apparently overstayed my K1 visa which expired on Oct 23rd 2004.

My new attorney is prepared to come to the removal hearings and plead my case. I was married to an abusive USC and now I'm paying the price all over again. What do you think my chances are of staying here to see out my new petition. Once it's approved I'm put into deferred status anyway.

Thanks
Without attending an AOS interview, i honestly think your chances are zero to none.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

hazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud ofhazeleyes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CarlM
Without attending an AOS interview, i honestly think your chances are zero to none.

Even though I can apply to adjust through the I360 if approved ?
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 4:35 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeleyes
Even though I can apply to adjust through the I360 if approved ?
I thought that was only for filing after AOS, but ive read the I-360 stuff it and it seems im wrong!

Sorry! -As it can be filed with an I-485, you dont seem to need to have had an AOS interview! Good luck with it.. keep us posted