Reload this Page >

varicella vaccine - I130 in London

Wikiposts

varicella vaccine - I130 in London

Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

azulniew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default varicella vaccine - I130 in London

I'm guessing this has been asked before but I've done a search and not found a simple answer.

The papers say I need to have a Variccella vaccination but also say its not available in the UK so what do I do?

Some people have mentioned a Titre (?) test instead - is this the only answer - I don't have medical records going back to my childhood - and how do I get a Titre test done?

Thanks for any help
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Re: varicella vaccine - I130 in London

Originally Posted by azulniew
I'm guessing this has been asked before but I've done a search and not found a simple answer.

The papers say I need to have a Variccella vaccination but also say its not available in the UK so what do I do?

Some people have mentioned a Titre (?) test instead - is this the only answer - I don't have medical records going back to my childhood - and how do I get a Titre test done?

Thanks for any help
If it says not available in UK then it means you wont get it. I am going through London too and hope to have my medical in the next couple weeks. I am not worried since it says we dont get it here i don't have to pay out anymore £'s The less the better

Good luck
Michelle
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by azulniew
One of two things will get written on your medical report.

If you've not had chicken pox, the doc will write N/A in the "varicella" space on the medical report sheet as the vaccine is not available in the UK.

If you have had chicken pox, the point becomes moot anyway, as you have an immunity already now, and he puts "VH" (Varicella History) on the medical report sheet.

Don't give it another thought - it's certainly not in the top 20 things that are of concern for your visa application.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:20 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I recently noticed that on my fiancees vac form the doctor wrote VH for varicella history. I have had chicken pox twice so it is possble to get it again. He is immigrating her on the K1 in September and he has a doctor appointment to get the varicella shot and I693 suppliment filled out for AOS. My attorney said he still needs the shot. Does anyone else have experience where the form says VH and did not need the shot? I'm hoping the USCIS doctor will know what to do regarding that.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I recently noticed that on my fiancees vac form the doctor wrote VH for varicella history. I have had chicken pox twice so it is possble to get it again. He is immigrating her on the K1 in September and he has a doctor appointment to get the varicella shot and I693 suppliment filled out for AOS. My attorney said he still needs the shot. Does anyone else have experience where the form says VH and did not need the shot? I'm hoping the USCIS doctor will know what to do regarding that.
Keith's said VH. It also said something about "may be eligible for blanket waiver".

Our attorney said he didn't need the vaccine or a vaccination supplement, they'd ask for it if they wanted it. They didn't ask.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

As you are applying for an IV and won't have to worry about AOS --- it definitely isn't worth giving another thought to!

I believe some K-1 Brits did have to get the Varicella vaccine when they have gone to adjust status.