Wikiposts

varicella in the UK

Old Jul 30th 2002, 9:20 pm
Morkai Kurst

Default varicella in the UK

I heard on the news this morning that the first chicken pox vaccines were being made
available in the UK. Its mainly aimed at pregnant mothers.

Now, this is varicella if I'm thinking correct. Does this mean that those who haven't
got as far as their interview yet are going to have to find a source for this? I can
imagine its going to be fairly elusive for a while. Or will it not matter untill the
US embassy in London decree its now necessary for UK citizens?

Thanks

Morkai

Old Jul 30th 2002, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: varicella in the UK

I should imagine they would let "future interviewees" know if there are any changes in the vaccination requirements, probably when they send the Packet 4.
Either way, no doubt the vaccine will be available at Dr Phelan's
(The Embassy's doctor - where the medicals are held)
Old Jul 31st 2002, 3:20 am
Ranjini

<< I can imagine its going to be fairly elusive for a while.
    > Or will it not matter untill the US embassy in London decree its now necessary for
    > UK citizens?>>

I would think it's not going to matter for now, as far as the consulate is concerned.
I wouldn't worry about it. Ranjini

"Morkai Kurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1028103953.14499.0.nnrp-12.d4e4...ws.demon.co.uk...
    > I heard on the news this morning that the first chicken pox vaccines were being
    > made available in the UK. Its mainly aimed at pregnant mothers.
    >
    > Now, this is varicella if I'm thinking correct. Does this mean that those who
    > haven't got as far as their interview yet are going to have to find a source for
    > this? I can imagine its going to be fairly elusive for a while. Or will it not
    > matter untill the US embassy in London decree its now necessary for UK citizens?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Morkai

Old Jul 31st 2002, 4:20 am
Morkai Kurst

mmm, ugg getting stabbed again - I'm not too fond of needles.

Trying to save myself some cash, My mums a practise nurse and so has been putting me
in as an emergency patient at her surgery and sorting my vaccinations out. If I use
the ones that are about to go out of date the surgery lets me have em free, cause
they'll only have to chuck them

M

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I should imagine they would let "future interviewees" know if there are any changes
    > in the vaccination requirements, probably when they send the Packet 4. Either way,
    > no doubt the vaccine will be available at Dr Phelan's (The Embassy's doctor - where
    > the medicals are held)
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Fulham Football Club for the Premiership Title ?????
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com