Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Vaccines & Medical Examination

Wikiposts

Vaccines & Medical Examination

Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:36 am
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all
Default Vaccines & Medical Examination

Hi guys. Sarah and I have some questions regarding the medical requirements for the K1. If you havn't had all the required vaccines, when are you supposed to get them? Before the medical exam and interview, or do they administer them there?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:12 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vaccines & Medical Examination

Originally posted by jjw152
Hi guys. Sarah and I have some questions regarding the medical requirements for the K1. If you havn't had all the required vaccines, when are you supposed to get them? Before the medical exam and interview, or do they administer them there?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi, Jeff.

My advice to you would be to get as many of the vaccs as you can at your local GP's. I had the MMR jab at no cost before I came to the US, as I didn't want to have to pay a lot of money for vaccs when I got here.

You have up until your AOS interview to get all the vaccs. You can choose to have them at the docs on the day of the K1 medical, but they also charge a pretty penny.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:12 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Vaccines & Medical Examination

Originally posted by jjw152

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff,

Tell Sarah to get them done in England before she leaves, they should be free through the NHS (National Health Service). I think she actually needs them before her AOS.

She might find these links useful:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...ccinechart.htm

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...iv/vaccine.htm

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...iv/medexam.htm

Hope this helps

James