Wikiposts

Vaccines

Old Jul 19th 2005, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

jim345 has a spectacular aura aboutjim345 has a spectacular aura aboutjim345 has a spectacular aura about
Default Vaccines

I've read through the discussions on this board, and saw the other thread, but am still confused.

Here's our situation:

My fiancee got the K1 medical and necessary vaccines. Didn't get the form given to her, but has it in sealed envelope .

Afterwards, she got one remaining vaccine. We thought only one more left (Partussis, the 'P' part in DTP). She went to the doc here (Europe) and he said they don't give it to adults in this country. But after reviewing childhood records, it turns out she already had the full DTP series in childhood. The only prob is the child vaccine book is in a different language.

I don't think it is wise to get this vaccine if she already had it. Also, it says on some of our K1 paperwork that Vaccine Requirements that DTP is "no" for for older than 7 years.

So what will we have to do in the US for our AOS? Should we get a translation of the DTP record, and mail that with her yellow international vaccine book (that includes proof of the other remaining) along with our I-485?

Or do we have to somehow get one of their official doctors to fill out a form of some kind?

Should we get our doctor here to write a note declaring she has both vaccines?

-She doesn't need medical (had one within year)
-She doesn't need any more vaccines
-She only needs two vaccines to be recognized

tia!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccines

Hi Jim,

If she has a vaccination card from the shots she got in her home country, that will be enough to get the vaccination supplement from the civil surgeon in the USA.

She won't need a whole new medical if she files for AOS within a year of having her medical overseas.

I'd bring in whatever proof you can, to the US civil surgeon. If,for some reason, he can't read the proof, then go ahead with a translation...but it might not be necessary, and just an added expense. Try without it, and see how it goes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

jim345 has a spectacular aura aboutjim345 has a spectacular aura aboutjim345 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Jim,

If she has a vaccination card from the shots she got in her home country, that will be enough to get the vaccination supplement from the civil surgeon in the USA.

She won't need a whole new medical if she files for AOS within a year of having her medical overseas.

I'd bring in whatever proof you can, to the US civil surgeon. If,for some reason, he can't read the proof, then go ahead with a translation...but it might not be necessary, and just an added expense. Try without it, and see how it goes.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks again Rene! Does she need to go to the "US civil surgeon" (is that a USCIS doctor?) rightway or will they request it sometime during AOS? We want to avoid an RFE if possible and make everything go smoothly. And is the civil surgeon another hefty fee, considering we only need a form?
Sorry for the avalanch of questions -- as all of us know, the USCIS website is pretty unhelpful.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jim345
Thanks again Rene! Does she need to go to the "US civil surgeon" (is that a USCIS doctor?) rightway or will they request it sometime during AOS? We want to avoid an RFE if possible and make everything go smoothly. And is the civil surgeon another hefty fee, considering we only need a form?
Sorry for the avalanch of questions -- as all of us know, the USCIS website is pretty unhelpful.
When we filed our AOS in 2004, it was not required to send in the vaccination supplement along with the AOS. We presented it at our AOS interview.

Now, I know if you have a whole medical done in the USA, that needs to be sent along with the AOS, but I really don't know about the vaccination supplement. If you're worried about it, go ahead and get the vaccination supplement done and send it in with the AOS. Then you won't worry about an RFE for it.

The fees are widely varied, the docs make up their own fees. Find the civil surgeons in your area and call them to get quotes. They may not know exactly what you're talking about, you might have to be persistant that you do NOT need a whole medical done, just the vaccination supplement.

Here in Phoenix, we paid $110 (I think) for the office visit and having the doc complete the form. But I've heard others that are around $25 and some that are higher than $100 as well. So call around.

Also, read up on the USCIS website about your local office filing and see if they recommend anything about the vaccination supplement. For Phoenix, it gave us an option of sending it along with AOS or bringing it to the interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

I've read through the discussions on this board, and saw the other thread, but am still confused.

Here's our situation:

My fiancee got the K1 medical and necessary vaccines. Didn't get the form given to her, but has it in sealed envelope .

Afterwards, she got one remaining vaccine. We thought only one more left (Partussis, the 'P' part in DTP). She went to the doc here (Europe) and he said they don't give it to adults in this country. But after reviewing childhood records, it turns out she already had the full DTP series in childhood. The only prob is the child vaccine book is in a different language.

I don't think it is wise to get this vaccine if she already had it. Also, it says on some of our K1 paperwork that Vaccine Requirements that DTP is "no" for for older than 7 years.

So what will we have to do in the US for our AOS? Should we get a translation of the DTP record, and mail that with her yellow international vaccine book (that includes proof of the other remaining) along with our I-485?

Or do we have to somehow get one of their official doctors to fill out a form of some kind?

Should we get our doctor here to write a note declaring she has both vaccines?

-She doesn't need medical (had one within year)
-She doesn't need any more vaccines
-She only needs two vaccines to be recognized

tia!
I'm pretty sure that you do not need to worry about the DTP vaccine i beleive if its the one i think it is, it also was not available in the UK now if it isn't available its because there is no threat to you and you do not need it. I remember there was one that was not available and i beleive it was this, i never had it as a child or as an adult and it was not even mention in the whole CR-1 Process.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks both of you for the advice.

One question: Does the local DO's policy matter? Our local DO doesn't even process the I-485 and sends everything to the infamous "Lockbox" in Chicago (where do they get these names?). So does anyone know of what the Chicago national office's policy is?

On the safe side, we may do what Rene suggests and preemptively get a form from a civil surgeon and send that along.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:21 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

jim,

Your local District Office does process the I-485.

The lockbox in Chicago will deposit the fee payment and review the submission for completeness, then send it to the National Benefits Center in Missouri for review. Then the NBC will send it to your local DO where the file will be reviewed again and you will be interviewed. It's at the DO that the decision will be made to approve the application. Or not.

Regards, JEff

Thanks both of you for the advice.

One question: Does the local DO's policy matter? Our local DO doesn't even process the I-485 and sends everything to the infamous "Lockbox" in Chicago (where do they get these names?). So does anyone know of what the Chicago national office's policy is?

On the safe side, we may do what Rene suggests and preemptively get a form from a civil surgeon and send that along.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:59 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's been extended to be valid for as long as it takes for AOS to be adjudicated.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent mine with the AOS, got it done for free, that might have been v lucky.

Find out who does them in your area nad ring around. You want to make sure they understand its not the full medical and that they are used to doing them, the first people I spoke to had not a clue.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot for the information.

We are going to try to get a doc to sign off on the form hopefully for a low fee, and then send it with AOS to avoid complications. We also wrote to the original K1 doc so we can finally get a copy of that mythical DS3025 form, so we can see what he wrote that we were missing.

This forum is a great help in interpreting the byzantine machinations of the USCIS.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for the information.

We are going to try to get a doc to sign off on the form hopefully for a low fee, and then send it with AOS to avoid complications. We also wrote to the original K1 doc so we can finally get a copy of that mythical DS3025 form, so we can see what he wrote that we were missing.

This forum is a great help in interpreting the byzantine machinations of the USCIS.
They tell you at the Medical which ones you are missing, well they did at mine, or you can work it out yourself and have them done at the same time as you get the Vaccination form filled out.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
They tell you at the Medical which ones you are missing, well they did at mine, or you can work it out yourself and have them done at the same time as you get the Vaccination form filled out.
No, they didn't really tell us.

We just looked at the list from the website. The only glitch is the Pertussis, which may be only for kids. So the doc **may** have checked "not age appropriate" on the list, but we don't know.

I really wish there was some standardization. If the DS3025 should be given out, give it out to everyone. The lack of clear guidelines is pretty aggravating. Oh well, Welcome to America! LOL
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
That's been extended to be valid for as long as it takes for AOS to be adjudicated.
yeah, but you still need to file within the year....though that's not really an issue for K1...