Reload this Page >

Vaccine / Timings Questions

Vaccine / Timings Questions

Old Jun 28th 2018, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

nickjs247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccine / Timings Questions

Hi all.

I have just booked my medical for 29 July and have a couple of questions..

1. Can I book my interview? I see no reason why not - just a case of doing the online bit right? Leave a 2-week gap after medical?

2. I only have my medical / vaccine records from 1997 to present (i.e. since I joined the military). I am chasing my childhood medical centre to get the rest. If there is nothing will this be an issue? (I don't think so as I have been jabbed up good in the forces!).

3. Assuming this all goes well and I get approved in (roughly) September my plan is not to move to the States until January 2019 (I believe I have six months to make the move?). However I am also going on holiday to the USA (different location to my permanent relocation area) in November - does this cause any issues?

Grateful for any thoughts.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine / Timings Questions

1. Yes you can book your interview and yes a 2 week gap after the medical would be sensible.

2. I wouldn't worry too much about the medical records they just need a brief summary, in regards to vaccinations you can either get what you're missing done before or pay over through the nose at the medical.

3. You have 6 months from the date of your medical to enter the U.S. so you may want to book a later medical & interview.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 5:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

3. If you end up having the immigrant visa in your passport in Nov but you don't want to activate it yet, you can ask at the POE to be admitted on the VWP, assuming you have an approved ESTA.

Rene
Old Jun 29th 2018, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

nickjs247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. Good advice.